“Went for Conference, Surprised by How Much I Liked It”

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
texas
“Went for Conference, Surprised by How Much I Liked It”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I wouldn't have picked Minneapolis as a vacation destination, and in truth, didn't get to be tourist the seven nights I stayed. However, both the beauty and location of the Hyatt made me want to return to do just that.

The Hyatt is attractive and nicely located in downtown MN. I thought the comfort of the bed was outstanding. First time I haven't wanted my own pillow. The maid service could have been better though -- my coffee and coffee cups were not cared for or replenished.

The hotel marketplace was really reasonable for sandwiches, drinks, etc!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Fantastic!! Come back and see what our city has to offer outside the meeting room! Glad you enjoyed the property and thank you for the feedback regarding coffee cups that weren't replaced. Will certainly address with the team. We are a great suummer getaway from the Texas heat! Thank youfor the review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
san diego, ca
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This hotel is very nice, clean and comfortable. It is very modern, if you like that sort of thing. Decor is very masculine and dark. I liked the service, which is very Hyatt corporate professional. No surprises here, it's all very corporate. Fitness room was top notch, large and empty at six am. Free wifi in lobby, so forgo in your room if you want to save around fifteen dollars a day. Lobby is gorgeous. I had an all around great stay. Slept pretty well. Upper floors have amazing view. Great walkability even in winter. Would definitely stay again especially on expense acct. lots of activities in the area make it a great location as well. Well done, Hyatt.

Room Tip: Upper floors have nicer views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank globetrotterrr
Thank you for the great review! Like you, I also had the opportunity to live in San Diego for awile. Our weather isn't remotely similiar but Minnapolis does share the love for quality dining and quality outdoor spaces. Thrilld that you enjoyed the property and that you will be back again for a visit! come back and see us in the summer to see what that is like also!
Chicago
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I had heard about this place before from friends. What did they say: just another Hyatt (nice big box style hotel, but no special frills)

I've always liked the rooms at Hyatt properties and I was impressed with the public spaces. Nice interior design nods to Minnesota culture (repurposed logs, great fireplace, interesting art in the lobby and the common rooms) It made the entire place quite welcoming and I enjoyed it.

The location is very convenient to downtown and it seemed that other amenities were nearby, including some great restaurants and the awesome Dakota Jazz Club (check it out)

On the whole, it's part of the Hyatt chain which is definitely a good thing, but it also has the type of details that make it a standout place. I'd definitely recommend it to fellow travelers!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank thesecondcity
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
So glad you appreciate the renovation! 80% of what was used in the renovation came wihin a 500 mile radius of the property. Great recommendation in Dakota. The music there is fantastic seven nights a week. Com back and see us soon!
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed there for 4 nights for a business conference. Overall the stay was fantastic. The lobby is amazing. The rooms were fine, nothing spectacular, yet nothing wrong with them. The nicollete mall area was beautiful to walk around at night. I would suggest getting an upper room, one of the neighboring buildings has an led show at night. If I'm ever in the Minneapolis area and need a hotel, you'll be first on my last to check out.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thanks so much for the review! Glad to hear that we will be first on your list if you return. Just make sure it's a 'when' you return! I also love the downtown views and the lobby. Thanks again for the visit.
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed here this past June when visiting colleges for my son. Overall, the hotel was pretty good. It's a big city Hyatt, so if you know what to expect it shouldn't come to a surprise. We used Hyatt points and got a club floor room with two doubles. Check in was efficient, and the water in the lobby was a nice touch. I seem to recall something about a couple of the elevators not going to our floor, which was a pain. The room itself was clean and the bathroom was big, typical Hyatt. The club lounge was really tiny and breakfast was nothing special, but it was pretty nice overall. The location of the hotel was great and when we needed it, the shuttle and the driver were great. The fitness club was huge, but it was a little difficult to find. We'll definitely look into staying here if in the area, but the regular rates seemed to be overpriced so we'll see.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review! The shuttle around town is extremely convenient so glad that you took advantage of it. We are one of the fewer downtown properties that offer that complimentary service. Thrilled that the staff was efficient and that you enjoyed your stay. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service on return visits!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed in this Hyatt over Thanksgiving weekend 2013, to visit relatives and attend a wedding celebration. Many of our relatives also stayed at this hotel. The facilities, services, and staff were all wonderful. We were very impressed with the fitness facilities, and our boys especially loved the basketball court! Our room was on one of the highest floors, and we had a great view overlooking the Downtown Minneapolis. The location was convenient for shopping and walking around Nicollet Avenue. We enjoyed walking a few blocks down to Dakota's (music club), Hell's Kitchen (excellent, unique restaurant), and of course, Nicollet Mall. We got to enjoy the "last" Holidazzle parade, just steps from the hotel.

I must give kudos to employee Rodney Robinson - I talked to him a few days after we returned home, as I discovered that we had left some articles of clothing in the room. He promptly found the items, packaged them, and sent them to me. Great service!

When we return to the Twin Cities, we will definitely consider the Hyatt Regency again!

(Our only recommendation - a larger pool - as it got really crowded - as well as a hot tub on site)

Room Tip: Choose an upper level floor with view of city
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank emmy
I was ecstatic to hear that Rodney was able to provide such wonderful service to you and that we had recovered your items! I also love the city view rooms and the fitness center. Great views from both. Hopefully your travels bring you back to us sooner than later!
Dundas, Minnesota
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed here as part of an anniversary trip. It was a great stay. A modern room that was huge, and very quiet. Pleasant staff as well. I'd definitely stay here again. The check out took longer than we wanted but other than that, it was a wonderful hotel experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy Belated Anniversary! Glad you chose us to celebrate with. Apologize for the delayed check out but thrilled that the service was to your liking otherwise. Hope to see you on your next special occasion!