“Nice hotel!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel!!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed here because we attended an event at the convention center. The entrance to this hotel is magnificent with a gorgeous fireplace display and lots of seating. The rooms are comfortable with pillow top beds, extra large bathrooms with fantastic lighting, and the view was wonderful from the 20th floor! Starbucks was a nice touch...always a great cup of coffee in the morning.

The Prairie Restaurant had great service as I had some cocktails after shopping.

The only reason I'm giving this 4 stars is because I was quite surprised that there wasn't a refrigerator or microwave in the room. I generally stay in 3 star hotels which have these amenities. Also the Wi-Fi is an extra charge!? Odd.

The skyway to shopping was really nice considering it was quite cold over the weekend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience. You touched on a couple of the hotel highlights. The Market and Prairie Kitchen and Bar are really wonderful for all of your food and beverage needs (especially that all important first cup of coffee!) The lobby is fantastic to warm up on these cold afternoons and the downtown view is a favorite. We do have fridges for request so hopefully we were able to get you one. Come back and see us very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I travel to Minneapolis weekly for work. This hotel never fails to disappoint. I can confidently say, the service at this hotel is the best I have ever seen anywhere. From check-in, to the Market, to the room keeping, to the Regency Club, to the management...everyone is extremely professional, courteous, and understanding. The gym is massive, and I mean massive...full basketball court, tons of equipment, free weights, pools, and space to stretch.

There is a beautiful new lobby, new restaurant, and newly renovated rooms. The hotel is centrally located. You really can't beat it.

I have stayed at numerous hotels in Minneapolis, and will never stay anywhere else. Thank you again.

Room Tip: Every room is newly renovated. I have never stayed in a "bad" room. Super fast elevators...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Wow! We're blushing! Thank you for the fantastic review and for the loyalty to the property! I am thrilled the team is making this a home away from home for you. Please do let me know if I can ever be assistance to you!
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had a great experience in this hotel. You should definitely try the breakfast buffet ! The staff is more than welcome to help guests and they are very friendly! Also the hotel has a full-equipped gym and if you don't want to skip your workouts during your vacation, you will be happy in this place. I highly recommend this hotel !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review all the way from Germany! The gym is pretty special and glad to know you found the team so accommodating. I am certainly proud of the associates here! Come back and see us again when you return to Minnesota!
Minneapolis
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The renovated Hyatt is beautiful and well appointed. Love the lobby area with comfy seating and amazing gas contemporary fireplace. Bar/restuarant was excellent and a great place to have apps. and drinks before going out. The room....very well done, however, the bathroom did not have a magnified mirror. Lighting was excellent in the bathroom. The luggage stand was broken, however, it still held my small carryon. Security was very tight which was nice for New Year's Eve. You couldn't go to the bank of elevators without an ID and room key. Great idea. It's only a $5 taxi ride to the Living Room at the W. Plenty of cabs out front. Overall service was fabulous. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
So glad you were able to join us for New Year's Eve and had a great experience! Thrilled that you understood and appreciated the additional security. Our number one priority is to keep our guests safe and secure. Thrilled you loved the lobby and bar and come see us for your next 'staycation'!
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Some friends and I stayed in November for a weekend getaway in the city. The hotel was in a very convenient location. Plenty of sites to see and places to go within walking distance. Great value for the price, all staff was very helpful and friendly. Myself and one of my friends are hotel managers and we were both very impressed with the accommodations. Rooms are clean and had a great view. The only thing we didn't enjoy was the pool. It was not very tranquil (for such an upscale property), and there was no hot tub. We would certainly return in the future.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for the review! Love the positive feedback, especially from a fellow industry professional! Glad you found the room to your liking and the staff friendly and helpful. As you know, the pool area is inside and we are currently looking at ways to make it a better experience. Appreciate the feedback and I welcome any suggestions at mark.becker@hyatt.com. Come back and see us soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for New Years Eve. Finally got a room from priceline for $85 plus fees, total was $105.
When we arrived there was a pretty long line to check in, understandable though for being New Years Eve. The staff was really helpful & friendly. We got a king size bed on the 20th floor & had a nice view. There was extra security because of New Years Eve & we need to register friends before they were able to come up to our room. Total of 4 people allowed in the room.
Overall our stay was really nice. Location is right at the end of Nicolette Ave with connected skyway to downtown Minneapolis. I was surprised though that we had to pay $17 per day to park in the connected ramp, pay for internet (free in the lobby not the room), no breakfast was included & no hot tub. Many amenities that are included in 3 star hotels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom P
Thank you for taking the timr to review! So glad you had a great experience. Appreciate your understanding the need for additional security measures on New Year's Eve. We certainly wanted to make sure the evening was safe and enjoyable for all. Understand the comment regarding parking. We do not own the ramp and the overnight fee is pretty common anong the hotels downtown. We do hope you plan on a return visit!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency MSP on a weekly basis for about 7 months. The staff and property were top notch from day 1. The staff always went out of their way to make me feel very comfortable.

The location is excellent for sight seeing, shopping, and dining. The rooms are nicely furnished. The gym is amazing. The Regency Club was being remolded when I left, but it was nice and now has extended hours. The restaurant is nice and has a decent selection, but may be pricey for some guests.

I can't say enough about the staff. They solicited feedback from me and my workmates, and made changes. Nina (sales) always did a great job of keeping contact and making sure I was comfortable. Seth (front-desk) always made sure I had whatever room accommodations that I needed. The real gem of the staff though is Kirk, the head concierge. Kirk always made sure that I was in the know about restaurants, running trails, parks, events, etc. He has even gone out of his way to help me with stays at other Hyatt properties.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Hyatt Regency MSP and highly recommend it to anyone planning on staying in Minneapolis.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for the great review John! We look forward to seeing you back many, many times! Kirk is a trmendous asset to the property and does such a great job in our Regency Club. You must come back for some leisure time! Let me know when you do so that we can show you some fun things to do when you aren't working! See you soon!