“Great stay but not many extras for a 4 Star”

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great stay but not many extras for a 4 Star”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for New Years Eve. Finally got a room from priceline for $85 plus fees, total was $105.
When we arrived there was a pretty long line to check in, understandable though for being New Years Eve. The staff was really helpful & friendly. We got a king size bed on the 20th floor & had a nice view. There was extra security because of New Years Eve & we need to register friends before they were able to come up to our room. Total of 4 people allowed in the room.
Overall our stay was really nice. Location is right at the end of Nicolette Ave with connected skyway to downtown Minneapolis. I was surprised though that we had to pay $17 per day to park in the connected ramp, pay for internet (free in the lobby not the room), no breakfast was included & no hot tub. Many amenities that are included in 3 star hotels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom P
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the timr to review! So glad you had a great experience. Appreciate your understanding the need for additional security measures on New Year's Eve. We certainly wanted to make sure the evening was safe and enjoyable for all. Understand the comment regarding parking. We do not own the ramp and the overnight fee is pretty common anong the hotels downtown. We do hope you plan on a return visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency MSP on a weekly basis for about 7 months. The staff and property were top notch from day 1. The staff always went out of their way to make me feel very comfortable.

The location is excellent for sight seeing, shopping, and dining. The rooms are nicely furnished. The gym is amazing. The Regency Club was being remolded when I left, but it was nice and now has extended hours. The restaurant is nice and has a decent selection, but may be pricey for some guests.

I can't say enough about the staff. They solicited feedback from me and my workmates, and made changes. Nina (sales) always did a great job of keeping contact and making sure I was comfortable. Seth (front-desk) always made sure I had whatever room accommodations that I needed. The real gem of the staff though is Kirk, the head concierge. Kirk always made sure that I was in the know about restaurants, running trails, parks, events, etc. He has even gone out of his way to help me with stays at other Hyatt properties.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Hyatt Regency MSP and highly recommend it to anyone planning on staying in Minneapolis.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for the great review John! We look forward to seeing you back many, many times! Kirk is a trmendous asset to the property and does such a great job in our Regency Club. You must come back for some leisure time! Let me know when you do so that we can show you some fun things to do when you aren't working! See you soon!
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel was awesome. We had a group reservation of 6 rooms. Let me just say the hotel was extremely accommodating and was able to get our groups rooms all onto 1 floor.
***My only complaint was that the hotel didn't give my friend a key or contact any of the names on the reservation forcing my friend to check into his own hotel room when he was forced to retire early for the night on the 28th. This ended up costing him quite a bit of money***

Pros:

-The Fitness area is 2nd to none!
-The Staff at the hotel has great knowledge of the area and is 100% professional at all times regardless of the circumstances. (The Detroit Lions stayed at the hotel on Saturday Night and didn't know any difference)
-The Rooms were clean and well kept with 2 HUGE Queen size beds in our rooms
-- The bathroom was very clean and the shower had instant hot water (a huge plus)
- The Lobby area and hallways were clean and were designed quite intelligently

I'm not sure if I met you Mark but I will be passing on your hotel to all my friends that come down to travel from Thunder Bay from now on.

Cheers and Happy New Year

Room Tip: 3rd Floor Room 333 get's free WIFI from the lobby connection
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the recommendations to your friends! I was not in town this particular weekend but glad to know the staff took such great care of you. Certainly understand about your friend. Obviously, the safety and security of our guests is paramonut. I apologize if this caused an inconveneince. I love the gym also, never a wait for a piece of equipment! Come back and see us very soon, would love to say hello!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We enjoyed our stay there for New Year's Eve. In the morning we had a croissant sandwich for breakfast from the Market in the lobby& it was so delicious! When we stopped down to ask what was on it, the staff explained and gave us a sample of the tasty strawberry jam to take home. Everyone was very friendly. Also when we got to our car in the ramp we realized we had left our dome light on so our battery was dead. We told the concierge and right away another staff member brought out a portable jumpstarter to jump start our car! Very pleased!

• Stayed December 2013
So pleased to hear you had a great NYE experience! The hotel was certainly buzzing with activity. The Market is a personal favorite for breakfast sandwiches. The perfect answer to the morning after a big celebration! Glad the team was able to assist with your car. Come back and see us soon!
Herzliya, Israel
Reviewed January 1, 2014

An excellent modern hotel with large comfortable rooms.
The hotel boasts a very good swimming pool and extraordinary fitness center. In all my travel I have never seed such a huge fitness center, with all instruments you can imagine in large numbers - It even has a full size basketball court! It probably serves as an urban country club to residents of downtown Minneapolis.
On the downside: the hotel has a convention center, and so day and night the lobby is crowded with people bent over their laptop computers - not my idea of a quiet place for a friendly chat. A word of warning: the valet parking service is extremely slow, so be prepared to ask for your car at least half an hour in advance.

1 Thank Joram1935
Thank you for the great review! So glad you had a good experience. The fitness center is fantastic and certainly has something for everyone. Believe it or not, we are only open to hotel guests. Apologize for the vehicle delay, we will certainly address it. Hope to see you back again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

During our 4 nite stay, the hotel provided everything we needed so we did not need to brave the cold from a refrigerator to a microwave & great local dishes. Ever meal included local ingredients from fruits, vegetables, poultry& fish. Free shuttle & local recommendations enticed us to leave our slippers to visit the skyway shops & ethnic restaurants. Staff went extra mile every day.

• Stayed December 2013
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Thrilled that you had such a great experience! Glad to hear you walked and shopped the skyways, definitely a fun experience. We encourage the team to go that exra mile and happy to hear you experienced it. Come back and see us soon!
winnipeg
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed here while in Minneapolis to see a Vikings game. When we first arrived we had valet service and while unloading the van the valet attendent slammed the front door on my GF's foot and quickly opened the door again and then pretended he didn't do it. He didn't apologize or anything he just stood there. we informed the front desk and they offered ice and that was it. luckily her foot wasn't injured to bad as she was able to attend the game and have a good time. Other than that incident it was a good place to stay and we may book here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review! Glad to hear that you had a good experience but apologize regarding your girlfriend's foot! Please do contact me at mark.becker@hyatt.com if I can be of assistance.