The HRM is full of contradictions, because much of the multi-million dollar renovation works, but some does not. Many of the staff are very friendly, but others do not answer the phone or produce your car promptly. Upon entering the hotel you are greeted by a vast warehouse-like space with various chairs and couches, but hardly conducive to passing time. The rooms have been well done particularly in replacing the tubs with showers, though instead of granite or similar countertops in the bathroom there is a strange rippled surfaced coating on all the counters. My wife did like the vanity space. One strange contradiction in the renovation was LG non-HD TVs which was noticed by everyone in our group. When every low level and upper level hotel has LG HD TVs this was a weird cost cutting move that stood out.
Service fell down in the valet area. We were promised our car in 15-20 minutes; not always the case. Further, one time we tried to call down to order our car and no answer from the front desk or bell captain nos. When we went down to order our car from the valet we noted 2 desk clerks chatting with each other, not answering the phone!
Finally, I left my iPod in the room, totally my fault, and did not discover it until later in the day, far away. Security said no one had checked into our room. A return call said they checked the room, but could not find it. Let's see the room was made up and cleaned after we left and no one had checked in after we left. What could have hsppened to my iPod?
The HRM definitely is a mixed bag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel located in the heart of downtown on Nicollet Mall. Connected by climate-controlled skyway to the Minneapolis Convention Center, downtown restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. The Hotel completed an extensive renovation in July of 2013. This renovation features new guest rooms and a completely transformed lobby and Food and Beverage options. Including Prairie Kitchen and Bar, an upscale bar/restaurant, and expansive marketplace for grab and go items as well as sundries. Hotel features an extensive StayFit fitness facility and over 100,000 sq. Feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis On Nicollet Mall
- Hyatt Minneapolis