“Really good hotel for business travel.”

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The Hyatt was a solid hotel for a conference I was at this past week. The bathrooms are fantastic, the best I've been in at a hotel in a long time.
I wasn't a fan of the pillows, they weren't all that supportive. Also, several people couldn't find the coffee makers, perhaps a label of some kind on the cabinet door it is in.
I did not have an opportunity to use the restaurant but it looked comfortable. Also, the meeting space looked good and was quite expansive.
Overall, stay here as it will be a good place to spend your time while in Minneapolis.

• Stayed: July 2013
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for the feedback and we're glad you liked the bathroom. A good suggestion on the coffee makers. I'm sure we can come up with something that works well. If you have a chance, it would be helpful if you could email me the room number so I could look at the pillows. Most are realtively new but it sounds like we need to change those. My email is Mark.Becker@hyatt.com. We look forward to your return!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,075)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was recently here for an education conference. I remember staying here a few years back for a technology conference, and I must say.... the renovations that took place here really gave this Hyatt property a face lift. The check in process was easy and quick. I signed up for a gold passport number, which enabled me to use the wireless in my room (didn't need too, but thought why not.) The service I received at the front desk was friendly, fast, and efficient. My room was quite comfortable and I enjoyed the upgrades. I will say that I thought the hallways were dim, especially with the darker colored wallpaper, but I'm assuming that was to add a bit of ambiance. My room (king size bed) was clean and spacious. I will note that during my stay, the floors didn't get vacuumed, but other than that, I had no problems at all. Checking out from a conference is always a mad house, so I tried the self check out machine. It took a few times for the machine to read my card, but all was well. I was a little concerned about my name staying on the machine thanking me for checking out for well over 5 minutes. I'm going to just assume it went away because we left to head to the conference center.

The location for this hotel is great, being right at the end of Nicolette. You can hop on the bus and head down the strip on any of the free buses, or just enjoy the walk down the mall. All in all, it was a great Hyatt stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank lukewa
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you s much for the review! Glad you had a great experience and I will certainly share your feedback with the team. Your name dispaly on the kiosk should not stay on the screen for that long so we will certainly check it out! Thank you again and we lok forward to being of service to you in the future!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

When I select a hotel, the fitness facilities are a big factor in my decision. The Regency provides the best fitness facilities I have ever seen at a hotel. I will not do it justice in my description, but there are multiple rooms with every possible machine or device you might desire. The cardio room is sensational with probably 25 machines--rowers, treadmills, etc. There is every kind of free weight and weight training machine and a separate area for stretching and mat work. You can also run sprints or play in the gym. There are locker rooms, cold towels and water. My only suggestion is a sign telling people to wipe off the machines when they are finished...ewww.
Oh, the room. Yes, it was very nice and worth every penny. The staff is super friendly and helpful. My suggestion is that after your workout you head to the store in the lobby and get one of the incredible chocolate chop cookies--worth the calories!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

The gym is pretty impressive, isn't it? It's fun to watch the first impression of our guests as they walk in. I'm really pleased that you had a great experience with our team as well. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Location was fantastic. Right on Nicollet and walking distance to a bunch of great restaurants, bars (some are rooftops), and Target Field (about 1 mile). Right off the 35W and 94 expressways. Free bus took us to Washington and Marquette so we were able to walk to to the Stone Arch Bridge. As for the hotel, it was very nice. We were on the 17th floor viewing northeast and had a great view of the city skyline. It was a very spacious and clean room. If I had to give any complaints, it was that the TV remote had some issues with the power button and that the windows on the outside needed a good cleaning. But if those are the biggest complaints I have for any stay, I consider it an excellent stay! We had a lot of noise the first night that woke us up, but that's not on the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an higher floor facing northeast
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review and we're so glad you had a good experience! I love the downtown views as well, especially at night! If you have a chance, it would be great to know your room number so I can double check the remote. Appreciate the feedback! Look forward to your return! My email is mark.becker@hyatt.com

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We came up to go to the Twin's Game...excellent location, close to everything! I noticed bike racks all over the city where you could rent bikes...looked like a good/easy way to get around if you don't want to drive...we will be doing that next time for sure. The rooms were VERY nice...I would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Minnesota09

Sounds like you had a fun time atttending the Twins game! The stadium is such a great place, I hope the on the field result was a good one. Appreciate the feedback on the rooms and look forward to your return. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was our first visit to this hotel. The beds were very comfy, sheets very soft & nice choice of pillows.The bathroom was the largest we've ever experienced with plenty of counter space. The continental buffet was very nice, reasonably priced and staff was courteous & helpful. Within walking distance to the baseball park and lots of restaurants. The down side is minor...very cold lobby & restaurant. It wasn't hot outside so they didn't need to have the AC cranked up so high. Also, the halls to the rooms were dark...dark walls, dim lighting, very little outside light. However, I wouldn't let that keep us from staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bonnie M

So glad you hada great vacation! I was pleased to hear that you had a restful experience while you were here. We appreciate the temperature feedback and will keep that in mind. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This Hyatt is smack downtown. Close to the convention center. Light rail close by. Very comfortable room. Front staff very friendly. Mall of America just south in Bloomington and public transportation is available.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business