“Pleasant Stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Pleasant Stay!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The check-in staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean and recently renovated. We were on the very top floor (24) and had a great view! There is a complimentary shuttle van during the week to take you anywhere within a ten minute drive. This hotel is close to Loring Park, which is great for a walk or jog! We did not use the pool because they did not have a hot tub, which was really the only downfall.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view. South faces away from downtown and the North rooms have a nice sky...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! We are so pleased to hear that you had such a great time. I love running the many trails that Minneapolis has to offer. Come back and see us very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The lobby is lovely, the rooms were very nice, and the staff was extremely friendly. The hotel is within walking distance of a large park, and the Walker Art Center's sculpture garden. There's a Nice Ride bikeshare station right out front, giving great access to the city's bikeable attractions.

The only minus was the catered food at the conference I attended...bland and insubstantial options for vegetarians.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to review! Isn't the bike share program amazing? Minneapolis has done such a great job in embracing bike and walking trails. I was pleased to lean that you had excellent customer service and we look forward to your return very soon! Of course, disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy the vegetarian option. In the restaurant, we offer some wonderful veggie frittatas and quiches.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Well, I choose to stay here for two nights on a recent business trip from Atlanta last month. I do not typically stay at Hyatt however the location was close to my meetings and the reviews seemed favorable.

Check-in was flawless, even got room on concierge floor, I think it 10 or 11. I got in late the first night so I didn't have a chance to tour the hotel other than the great bar/restaurant on the first floor. Food was great, I had some sort of specialty burger with onion horse radish jam...pretty good. I quickly down the food and drinks and was off to my room.

Note this is a dark hotel, meaning the lighting is very low...nearly the same light given off by candles. I didn't mind but some may find it odd.

The room itself was nice and it was evident the hotel had been recently remodeled. Space was about average, with desk and small sitting area with couch. The bathroom featured larger shower, and nice sink and mirror.

My first morning I wandered down to the VIP lounge and met the concierge "Kirk". A great gentlemen from NYC. He was both attentive and informative. This may seem insignificant to some but when traveling on business I always find it comforting to find someone to connect with above the standard level of customer service. I highly recommend stopping past to visit with him should you happen to be staying on that floor!

Almost forgot. If you workout, you've got to visit the HUGE gym attached to the hotel. I believe it's called StayFit. The gym features, an indoor pool, basketball court, free weights, machines, and the list goes on!

Overall great place. Nice modern remodel. Great staff. Could be a bit pricey if staying during a personal trip.

Room Tip: Request concierge floor!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for the fantastic review! We are all proud of the facility but are especially pleased that you had a personal connection with Kirk! He is a fantastic concierge and wonderful person. The food and beverage team will be pleased to hear that you had a great experience in the restaurant. Come back and see us soon on business or pleasure!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Traveled from Boston to MSP for work and upon check in, was told they had no rooms left and I will be transferred to the Ramada Plaza 6 miles away. There was no explanation for why they didn't tell me before I drove over there. I could have made other arrangements and not be horribly inconvenienced. Worst customer service and hotel experience ever.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank MsMiamie
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Obviously, not a good experience and please do accept my apologies. Please contact me directly at mark.Becker@hyatt.com so that I can assist you directly. We certainly want to restore your faith in Hyatt.
Berkeley, California
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed here for three days for a conference and was really impressed with a few key things that are important to me during biz trips:

1) The quantity and quality of the fitness equipment -- all in a huge, pleasant space. I didn't have to give up my home gym benefits while staying here and can say it's the largest hotel gym (clean and pleasant too) of any price range hotel I've stayed in. I mean, there's a basketball court and boxing studio --- not important to me, but just shows the bases are covered. The pool didn't appear to have steps so theoretically, even though it's small, you could get in laps.

2) Functionality and use of bathroom space! There's enough room to move around; mirrors didn't fog; great water pressure and shower head; good lighting (plus a vanity); and mirrors that gave you views from multiple angels. Quick-drain shower/tub and instantly hot water too.

3) The Market. SO many more offerings -- and better, more personal too -- than tradition in-hotel cafe or Starbucks setup.

4) Lots of outlets to plug in, in lobby, in rooms, in meeting spaces, etc.

5) Friendly and helpful staff that really seemed genuine.

6) Big, gorgeous, open lobby that makes meeting others or taking a break solo easy.

Mattress could have benefited from being turned, it seemed, but I still slept well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SaraZ23
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you for the detailed review! You hit on so many of our favorites and we are glad the hotel resonated with you. The team will be delighted to hear of the genune service you received. The open settibg of the lobby is soimportant to many of our guests for networking or just having a cup of coffee in a lively atmosphere. We look forward to your return!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I recently completed a tour of the midwest going to baseball games in different cities, and this was my favorite hotel. I've stayed at many Hyatt's over the years and a couple others on this trip, and Hyatt Minneapolis is superior. The front desk staff is the best I've seen and everyone you encounter just seems to have a smile on their face.

The rooms were clean and food was excellent. I will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
You will definitely be back is music to our ears! Thank you for taking the time to review and we hope that the rest of the stadium tour is as fun as it sounds. Come back and see us very soon!
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We bought this hotel through Hotwire (2 rooms) - so we did not "choose" it. I would definitely choose it from now on!! The service was nothing short of amazing. The valets where awesome guys (it is not complimentary but worth it) Front desk were the best we have had - friendly, welcoming and actually made you feel that they wanted to help you. The buffet was great - lots of healthy choices. The lounge/dining staff were also a plus! (every staff od the hotel were friendly and cheerful) Our room was spacious and clean. We found the other reviews helpful - they do charge for internet and bottled water BUT everything else made up for that. The hotel is beautiful and super clean, we had a special needs adult and a child with us and staff went out of their way to accommodate.

Room Tip: My sister discovered if you enroll in their points gold card which is FREE you get your internet FRE...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We were so pleased that you will seek us out specifically next time! I have shared your comments with the doormen and valets as well as the front desk and you made some people smile today! We look forward to your return with the family!