“Warm Hyatt in cold Minneapolis !”

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lebanon, New Hampshire
“Warm Hyatt in cold Minneapolis !”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was at this Hyatt for 5 days and it was a great experience. I was on a business tour but had some time to read. The rooms are pretty good size. room service is good and courteous. I got free WiFi once I signed up for the gold passport membership which is a good deal. Its free ! I would highly recommend doing that. I collect travel toiletries and here I found some great ones ! I had dry hair due to the weather so the staff was happy to bring me a few extra ! I would stay here again by all means!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much fro the great review and we are thrilled that you had such a great experience. We LOVE when guests want to take our amenities home! Come back and see us soon so you can pack more away. See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Eyota, Minnesota
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We went to the Nicollet Mall to celebrate my sister's birthday. I am not gonna lie we came to party! So having said that....the pool I have no clue about but the beds are comfy, the city view on the 17th floor - Nice, not fantastic but nice! $3.00 for a bottle of water that is sitting in the bathroom? Haha, I don't think so! At two in the morning the boys were drunk and loud but I will say the rooms obviously are sound proof - thank goodness! The lobby was amazing, a huge fireplace was just the place to sit and have coffee in the morning and the "Market" was perfect for a quick and light breakfast. As far as all of the action on Nicollet - Great for Brit's Pub and the Local but I would stay on the opposite end, just too much walking when you want to hang out by the warehouse district and eat at the awesome Fogo de Chao!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We are glad hat you chose us for party central! We are centrally located to many bars and clubs as you mentioned. The Market is a great grab and go option as you mentioned. The fireplace is also a great spot for a quick drink before heading ou on the town. We look forward to your return!
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel has been remodeled since my last stay and not that I thought it needed it but some of the ideas they've come up for their guests I was really impressed with. The bathroom has been updated to include a stool, mirror and counter to put on make-up or get processed. The desks now include a panel of connections so that no matter what type of hook-up you have, HDMI, phone jack, power plug - it will accomodate all. The beds were really comfortable and although I don't prefer their down pillows because they tend to go flat - I found a spare regular foam pillow in the closet. The hotel was very quiet. The thermostat worked like a charm. I was highly impressed! Please be aware that they do charge for daily parking and internet. Hotel charges can add up quick!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the fantastic review! We are so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the renovation. The bathrooms really came out great and the jack packs are fantastic for work or to enjoy a little downtime. We look forward to your return and thank you again for taking the time.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The location of this hotel is just the right fit for people who likes to enjoy and experience the vibrant life of a big city. Plus, the views are mouth dropping if you stay in the side turned towards Downtown.
The only thing that could be better is the Housekeeping service. And the pool had way too much quemicals.
Anyway, I recommend it because of the friendly front office staff and the good looking room.

Room Tip: Room facing Downtown.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
We were most pleased that you enjoyed us most for the staff! The team loved seeing your review an we are glad you appreciated the service you received. I love the downtown view as well! Looking at the Target Headquarters LED display at night is pretty cool. We look forward to your return!
Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I previously stayed here several years ago and don't remember it being anything special.

But, I recently stayed here two nights for a conference and was pleasantly surprised. My room was quiet and very nice except that there was a half-empty water bottle from a previous guest under the curtains. I liked that there was an “iHome” clock radio in the room. This was a nice change from the typical lousy clock radios found in most hotels. The exercise facility was incredible. It covers a significant portion of the sixth floor. It has a wide variety of machines, treadmills, ellipticals, weights, fitness balls, etc. It also has a full basketball court, a room with punching/kick bags, group exercise room, and a pool (water was warm). The hotel is big, but the elevators were fast. The $10 fee for internet is a disappointment. At that price, it made sense to tether my phone.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review! The housekeeping team was disappointed to hear of the water bottle behind your curtain, notthe first impression we wanted you to have. We were all glad to know that you enjoyed our renovation and our incredible ftness center! The basketball court is fantastic and we have seen some great impromptu pick up games on Wednesday nights. The ihomes are great for charging and listening to your favorite music. We look forward to your return!
Retford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed for three nights whilst on a business trip. The hotel was clean and very functional but lacked atmosphere. The lobby area was vast with and contemporary with fire which didn't emit any heat! The hotel is obviously geared up for exhibitions and events, for which it is ideally suited. Otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review! We were sorry to hear that the renovation didn't resonate with you, but certainly appreciate the feedback. We do hope to see you back and please do let me know if I can be of any assitance to you in the future.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times for business (I think about 40 days in the last 6 months). Pros: It is very quiet. The hotel has been recently remodeled and the rooms look great, clean, and new. The nightstands have outlets (no more moving the nightstand), the TV has an HDMI port, the bathroom has a nice stone finish, and the beds have plush pillows. Try to get a room on a floor as high up as possible, as the views are fantastic! The hotel is only a few minutes walk from downtown (which is great because it's close enough to walk, but far enough away that it is very quiet). The staff is nice and professional and do a great job of remembering you (I really like the doorman, and my absolute favorite is Whitney at the front desk). There is WI-F but it's not free (I think about $10/day). Because I stay here so often I have tried most things on the menu (both room service, and menu in the hotel restaurant) and consider the food mediocre . Unless, you need to eat here I would try to walk a few blocks and check out the nearby restaurants. The service at the bar is unimpressive. If you plan on staying at Hyatt brand hotels often I would very strongly recommend that you sign up for their rewards program - it is one of the best I have encountered.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on as high a floor as possible - great views. Eat off-site if possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your continued support of Hyatt Regency Minneapolis and for taking the time to review! I am thrilled that you are making us your home away from home. Obviously, I would love to speak to you personally on your next visit. Can you please contact me at mark.becker@hyatt.com or 612.596.4505 The next scheduled visit? Would be great to meet you and hear your feedback personally. Look forward to hearing from you!