Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
$98
$177
WHotels.com
  • Room Service
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$114
$203
$197
  • Room Service
2,138 results
All reviewsbasketball courtconvention centerprairie kitchennicollet mallloring parkcity viewattending a conferencewithin walking distancefree weightslobby areahotel restaurantparking rampbusiness tripking roomnice stayvery nice hotelfew blocks
Reviewed January 2, 2013

When reading hotel reviews, occasionally I see some by people really disappointed by hotel service. I never thought I'd be one of the complainers, but here it is: It was all fine at the beginning. The hotel was recently renovated and it shows. The lobby is very pleasant, with a big fireplace and it's nice to see people enjoying it. The room we booked, with a king bed, was spacious and well equipped. The bathroom was pleasant, with a separate make-up table that was usable, not just for show. The shower however could use a more detailed cleaning as one could see the soap scum on the black tiles. The restaurant was bright and inviting. We waited for over 45 minutes for our food (they served breakfast a la carte instead of buffet that day and seemed to be seriously understaffed) but once it arrived, it was tasty. The problems started after we checked out. Our friends picked us up and when we arrived at their place about two hours later, we realized we forgot to take the shopping bag with items purchased at the nearby Walker Art Center from the room. My husband immediately called the hotel and asked the front desk to kindly check for the bag, see if it was still in the room, He was promised that someone would take care of that and call him back with an update. Nobody ever called. My husband called them later that day to hear that they have to check the lost and found area and check with the cleaning crew. After we didn't hear back from the hotel, my husband called them the following afternoon, only to have a fairly unpleasant conversation with the security person there who said the cleaning staff didn't find anything, that person also suggested we were mistaken about losing the bag in the hotel in the first place. I know we shouldn't have left it, it was an oversight, but one would assume that contacting the hotel soon after the loss was discovered would help to recover the items. What bothers me the most about this incident is not even that we lost the merchandise worth about $100, our souvenirs and all of the informational materials from the Walker but the attitude of the hotel staff who definitely did not go out of their way to help us. It seemed as they couldn't care less about what happened. Once we were out of the door, we became a nuisance. I'm very disappointed with the whole situation and will not be recommending this hotel or the Hyatt chain to anyone, needless to say they lost me as a customer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NikaRossa
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

I appreciate the frustration of your experience. Could you possiby contact me at either 612.596.4505 or mark.becker@hyatt.com to discuss and see if I can assist. My apologies for the less than satisfactory experience.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Nice, clean room. Noah at the front desk did an excellent job. The hotel was busy with Packers @ Vikings football fans checking in. At night, it was five degrees so the short walk from the hotel to Nicollet Mall bars and restaurants was very convenient.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jmmcgov

Thank you so much for the great review. The hotel was very busy with the game but everyone seemed to have a fun time! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My boyfriend booked a king room for us while attending a concert at the Cabooze on new years eve. We got checked in in no time despite them being extremely busy. This was a bit of a stretch for us price wise since we are younger. Once getting checked in and getting a cab to the cabooze we discovered we couldn't get drinks because the hotel added an additional 50.00 "deposit" to our charge card. I'm not site if this is normal or just a new years eve thing but it really messed up out night out as we couldn't pay for out taxi back at the end of the night causing some SERIOUS problems. Luckily the cab driver understood and we didn't have to involve the police. Also, the money we budgeted out for the parking ramp was also tied up in their 'deposit'. I'm not sure how it works to get the extra $50.00 back on our card, we will have to see how it pans out. But Kevin Izzi worked with us to rectify the situations. He allowed us to just put the parking on the room charge (since we were kind of already paying "extra" we knew it would be covered just fine). Kevin was also nice enough to give us complimentary coffee and a couple muffins for all the problems. Over all it was a great way to ring in the new year. But it would have been nice to not have to deal with "missing" money we worked so hard to budget our whole trip out with and needed. We may be back, but will be more careful in watching charges and planning accordingly for "extras".

• Stayed: January 2013

We were pleased to hear that Kevin provided exceptional service and that you enjoyed the hotel. If you have an opportunity, please contact me at 612.596.4505 or mark.becker@hyatt.com and I will make certain that the hold has been released from your card. We hope to see you return in the future and plese let me know if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We arrived on the biggest game day of the season in the NFL!! We received great service even though we checked in 2 hours early!!! Told us very professionally we could seat at they're lounge/bar or very attractive seating area.. We were in waiting list 20 rooms long!! We were told by 3pm (normal check-in time) that we would be checked in and by 315 we were in our wonderfully appointed, clean, and modern room. Will return!!

• Stayed: December 2012

So glad to hear you enjoyed your experience! It was a big game and a very busy hotel. Thank you for your patience and and know that the entire staff hopes to see you back for future getaways in Minneapolis!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while attending a Convention. This is a newly renovated hotel with a indoor skywalk to the convention center, which we appreciated very much when walking to the convention. Our room was newly renovated with a large bathroom area, enough towels and linens, nice tub and shower, and niced sized sleeping area which included a couch. The only improvement would be to vacuum along the baseboards in the room as they showed a lot a dust. Our room had the best bed we have ever slept in, and we stay in hotels 85-90 nights a year. We ate in the restaurant, which seemed a little pricey, but was quite good. All staff we encountered were professional and friendly. We would definitely stay again. Good job Hyatt Regency staff!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the fantastic review regarding the service you received! We were disappointed to hear that you encountered some dust along the baseboard and know we will address it with the team. We look forward to your return and another restful sleep on our Grand Beds!