Flawless check in, beautifully renovated. The bathroom was large and luxurious but was difficult to share while getting ready to get out the door. Lighting was sleek and modern but dim. We visited to watch the Bears loose to the Vikings (not what we wanted!) and during the game we received a text letting us know our flight was canceled due to the foot of snow that had fallen! (we were inside the dome!) We hurried back to the Hyatt and they were very gracious and accommodating setting us up for one more night's stay. The hotel is located at the end of Nicollet Mall, a beautiful main street consisting of a dozen, tree-lined blocks closed to automobile traffic. There are free buses running constantly up and down this avenue if you're tired to walk. Also there is the famous Sky way, which we used because of the heavy snow!! The skyway is a series of passageways which connect the second and third floors of various office towers to hotels, banks, corporate and government offices, restaurants, and retail stores. We walked from the Hyatt to many restaurants without stepping outside at all! There is a "Minneapolis Skyway Tour" app for the Apple iPhone and Android powered devices that you can use to explore the history of the city completely from within the skyway system. Leaving, we hopped on the free bus across the street from the hotel, with our luggage, down Nicollet Mall and 5 minutes later we got off by the Light Rail System which took us right to terminal 2 at the airport within 25 minutes for $1.75 per person! The trains run every ten minutes. Could not have been easier! All in all, the Hyatt was a great choice in a great city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located downtown Minneapolis on Nicollet Mall, Hyatt is connected via skyway to the Minneapolis Convention Center. Within walking distance to Target Field, US Bank Stadium, Walker Art Center, Sculpture Garden, Lightrail Train, Theaters, Business District and Parks. Complimentary Access to StayFit Gym which has full weights, boxing, cardio, and Fitness Classes On-Demand. Pool and Basketball court available to guests. Dine at Prairie Kitchen & Bar which offers seasonal cuisine or Market available in Lobby for quick menu options and Starbucks coffee. Pet-Friendly, Kid Friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis On Nicollet Mall
- Hyatt Minneapolis