“Came for da Bears, stayed for the snow!”

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Flawless check in, beautifully renovated. The bathroom was large and luxurious but was difficult to share while getting ready to get out the door. Lighting was sleek and modern but dim. We visited to watch the Bears loose to the Vikings (not what we wanted!) and during the game we received a text letting us know our flight was canceled due to the foot of snow that had fallen! (we were inside the dome!) We hurried back to the Hyatt and they were very gracious and accommodating setting us up for one more night's stay. The hotel is located at the end of Nicollet Mall, a beautiful main street consisting of a dozen, tree-lined blocks closed to automobile traffic. There are free buses running constantly up and down this avenue if you're tired to walk. Also there is the famous Sky way, which we used because of the heavy snow!! The skyway is a series of passageways which connect the second and third floors of various office towers to hotels, banks, corporate and government offices, restaurants, and retail stores. We walked from the Hyatt to many restaurants without stepping outside at all! There is a "Minneapolis Skyway Tour" app for the Apple iPhone and Android powered devices that you can use to explore the history of the city completely from within the skyway system. Leaving, we hopped on the free bus across the street from the hotel, with our luggage, down Nicollet Mall and 5 minutes later we got off by the Light Rail System which took us right to terminal 2 at the airport within 25 minutes for $1.75 per person! The trains run every ten minutes. Could not have been easier! All in all, the Hyatt was a great choice in a great city.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank terrig895
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Well.... We are sorry that you got stuck but glad that you were able to turn a negative into a positive! The skyways system is fantastic and I also use the light rail with great success. As you can imagine, we were a little happier with the results but appreciate where you are coming from! come back and see us soon and thank you so much for the great feedback!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,076)

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed at the Hyatt in August 2012. It was newly renovated and was a wonderful stay. Of particular note was the Concierge Kirk Williams. If you like good food, he was a wealth of great recommendations in a wonderful food city.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the feedback. Kirk Williams, one of our concierge, is a wealth of information and was thrilled that you enjoyed some of his recommendations. Besides our own Prairie Kitchen and Bar, there are some wonderful restaurants within walking distance! Come back and enjoy the culinary scene in Minneapolis soon!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

For the most part, the employees were excellent... very friendly and helpful.

The rooms have been updated for a more cosmopolitan look which is very appealing. Also, the utilitarian design for the bathroom is also a plus. The only downside was scouting a decent place to eat. I did not like the food served in their signature restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2012
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! I was disappointed that you did not enjoy the restaurant. Our objective is to serve local ingredients that focus on our rich heritage. However, glad to hear that you enjoyed the look and feel of the hotel and we anticipate your return!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

From the moment we walked in the door we were greeted by very nice desk employees who made our check in quick and painless. The room, bathroom and common areas were all beautiful. It was icing on the cake, when we took a nice stroll down Nicollet Mall, especially when we caught the end of the holiday parade with the snow falling down. Only downfall, parking was one of the most expensive lots I've faced in MSP.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

So glad to hear you caught the parade with a little snowfall! What a great experience. Thank you for the feedback and we are pleased that you had such a great experience. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was at this hotel for a convention with my two daughters. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were great. Comfortable beds and loved the bathroom! The gym is great and even has a full sized basketball court. The hours could be extended a little but the lady at the front desk said they are planning on doing that. My daughter ended up getting the flu the last night we were there and the hotel staff couldn't have been more helpful! Especially in the middle of the night. I was also very happy to see that they were very diligent in cleaning and properly throwing everything away. Which is what you want to see in a hotel! This is a great hotel and I will be staying there again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NDPink
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you so much for the great review! What a disappointment to have a sick family member during some time away but I was glad to learn that the staff was able to be of assistance. Sounds like you might have gotten in a game of basketball! Glad you enjoyed the facility and that the staff exceeded your expectations and I will pass along your comments to the housekeeping team. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel is in a perfect location, with a parking garage(extra$$) and an in house restaurant. The staff could not have been nicer and we found the hotel to be modern with a great bathroom. I did not use the wifi and thought the rack rate to be a great value for the area. The only downers were no hot tub or sauna and the pool is outdated and is a 4 foot wading pool with a ladder access so it is not for little kids. The gym is outstanding with more equipment than some fitness businesses and has basketball courts to boot. The light rail was about 8 blocks to walk but it was through the Nicollet mall so it is an easy stroll through an interesting area.
The bed was as comfortable as any I have slept in and we had a room next to the elevator and had no complaints about noise. Botton line is I will stay at the Hyatt the next time I go to Minneapolis.

Room Tip: The sixth floor is where the pool and gym are located if that is important to you.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your recent review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed the facility and enjoyed the renovations. I am exremely proud of the staff and will certainly pass along the compliments. We did just re-surface the pool but you are correct that it does not have a zero entry. Look forward to your return!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was here for a convention and stayed here for 9 nights (I might as well have moved in). The service here is great. I travel all over the US and they were by far the most attentive staff I have experienced. The rooms are great; modern, comfy beds, very clean, and quite spacious. The downstairs coffee/snack area has incredible treats and local finds. The hotel is a short walk to the downtown area and one block from the convention center. I ordered room service a couple times and was always pleased with my meals as well as the drinks from the bar. If you get the opportunity to be on the lounge area floor, they have a great breakfast and wine reception at night. The concierge in the lounge was a true gem.

I visited the fitness center through out my trip and it is incredible. Most hotels have a couple measly sets of equipment but this hotel has an entire gym that's bigger than the one I go to at home.

My only problem I encountered was their business center was closed on Saturday but the staff was very attentive and helped me with my problem by printing my documents at the front desk.

Honestly, I was quite sad to leave the hotel because the staff started to become my friends. Thank you Hyatt Minneapolis, you set the bar for outstanding customer service and a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Wow!! Words casnnot describe how great it feels to read a review like yours. As I passed this along to the satff, I received a few replies from associates that remember you well. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to spend so much time with us. Please come back and see us and spend time with your other family! Thank you again for the great recommendation!