We just returned home from a 3-night stay.
The Good: The hotel is newly renovated. Dark blue and natural elements type of design. Not overly loving the Mad-Men look but I like that everything is new. Very pleasant staff, especially in the restaurant. The gym is out of this world amazing, with even a basketball court!. Rooms were a very good size, with a full-room wide picture window and a bathroom big enough to house a small family. They have a fantastic shop onsite (prices were high though - $8.99 for a bag of popcorn? No thanks). Housekeeping was very quick in responding to a problem in my room - which was immediately rectified. I liked the lobby - interesting furniture - the log sofa was neat - and an inviting fireplace. It was a nice space. Location was good - many restaurants/bars/shopping/Target/Macy's, etc. within a very short walk.
The Bad: Hallways are dark. As someone mentioned, I had trouble with figuring out how to turn on the bedside light fixtures. The breakfast buffet, which we had every morning of our stay, was high quality, beautifully presented and a nice selection, but everything that should have been hot was basically lukewarm, even the items just brought out from the kitchen. (Those black heating element thingys they are using obviously are not working.) Coffee is also way too strong (even for me). Towels were a bit thin and there were a few too many hairs that weren't mine on the bathroom floor. I would have liked to purchase the little Red Wing pottery cup glued to the desk. Alas, they had none in the gift shop.
The Verdict - a few quibbles but nothing that would stop me from staying here again, especially since my rate was a good $50 less than the W or the Westin. I was happy with my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located downtown Minneapolis on Nicollet Mall, Hyatt is connected via skyway to the Minneapolis Convention Center. Within walking distance to Target Field, US Bank Stadium, Walker Art Center, Sculpture Garden, Lightrail Train, Theaters, Business District and Parks. Complimentary Access to StayFit Gym which has full weights, boxing, cardio, and Fitness Classes On-Demand. Pool and Basketball court available to guests. Dine at Prairie Kitchen & Bar which offers seasonal cuisine or Market available in Lobby for quick menu options and Starbucks coffee. Pet-Friendly, Kid Friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis On Nicollet Mall
- Hyatt Minneapolis