“Beautiful hotel, superb service”

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reston, Virginia
“Beautiful hotel, superb service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just enjoyed three wonderful days in Minneapolis. I have never enjoyed a hotel so much! The facilities are beautiful, complete with gas fireplace in the lobby and elegantly decorated guest rooms. However, it was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff that made my stay so wonderful. From an initial greeting call after check in to help from the Concierge choosing restaurants for dinner, I was always greeted by name and offered help that I didn't even know I needed until they asked. The best part of the hotel, however, had to be the fitness center. Rooms and rooms of equipment! I've never before been able to do kickboxing at a hotel. Whatever your fancy (cardio, weights, resistence, yoga, or even basketball on a real court!) they've got you covered.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thnk you so much for the fantastic review! I agree that the fitness center is pretty special but I must say that my favorite part of the hotel is the "friendly satff" you encountered. But I'm biased! Truly, we are humbled by your kind words and appreciate the recognition. You have made a lot of people proud today. We look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were in the city to see a concert and got a great deal for this hotel. We were very pleased with our KING room on the 20th floor. The staff was what really made our stay wonderful! They helped with directions, local places to grab some food and holding our luggage after we checked out so we could grab a quick bite.

They offer a FREE shuttle and we were able to use it to get down to the Target Center. We took a cab back after the concert and bar hopping and it was only about $6 (plus tip).

The only area I saw for improvement was the noise level outside of the room that we could hear.

We would definately stay here again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for the great feeback! I could not agree more! The staff is what makes our property so special. The local shuttle is a huge plus and we appreciate that you were able to use it around the downtown area. There are so many restaurants, bars, etc that are within walking distance but it is great to hope in the shuttle as the weather gets a little cooler! We look forward to your return.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just wanted to thank Hyatt Minneapolis for a great stay, over 4 nights, 5 days. The first day, when I returned to my room, I found the door was accidentally left open for most of the day by housekeeping. I was very shook up though nothing was missing. The hotel managed the situation very well- security was great, the manager checked in on me several times, and they upgraded my room to a secure floor and gave me access to the Regency Club. That made a huge different. In particular, Robert from the concierge staff at the Regency Club on the 22nd floor was fantastic, really helpful and looked after me everyday to make sure I was comfortable with my stay (I was quite shook up at first, when I arrived to find my room open). The Club was great with a lounge, and free breakfast and happy hour snacks. Besides my situation, in general I found the hotel to be stylish, with good amenities, and the room was very comfortable, well laid out, and had everything I need, except perhaps for a mini-fridge, that would have been nice. In any case, I don't think I've ever stayed at a Hyatt before but I will certainly again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
First and foremost, please accept my apologies for your door being left open. Obviously, we have addresses this with the entire team and are actually replacing all of our doors in November. I was pleased to hear of your experience and have already thanked Robert for exceeding your expectations. We look forward to your return!
davidlkaplan@comcast.net
Reviewed October 27, 2012

A renovation has brought this hotel back up to a Hyatt standard. Everything was first rate. Most elements of the room were high quality. The lack of HD will always be mentioned as a negative.

The Lobby area offered a very nice work space. The service I received at the restaurant was excellent. The front desk manager worked to find me a nicer room. Good job.

The location is nice. It's right at the end of Nicollet Mall with several nice restaurants a short walk away.

I can highly recommend this hotel.

2 Thank dk3434
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you acknowledging our recent renovation! We are very pleased with the way it turned out and are excited to show off our new product. The staff will be thrilled to learn that you will be recommending to others. Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to your return.
Toronto
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I would definitely stay here again. The staff was friendly and fast and the rooms are comfortable and clean. The restaurant has a very interesting menu focused on local ingredients and the food quality was good for a hotel restaurant. Prices were also reasonable. I went to the gym, which was the size of a health club. Tons of cardio equipment, weight machines and dumbells up to 120 lbs. Best hotel gym I've been to.
I had low expectations going in, but was pleasantly surprised by the Hyatt Regency.

• Stayed October 2012
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! I was pleased to learn of your experience in the restaurant as well as the fitness center. Both of these are personal favorites of mine as well! We look forward to your return and appreciate the feedback!
Central New Jersey
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here for a conference. The rooms are comfortable, but they are very expensive for what you get. Internet is extra and the cable is mediocre. I didn't eat at the main restaurant, but I did get breakfast at the cafe. It was almost $10 for a bagel or oatmeal and a coffee. The gym is absolutely great though. Parking is a little far for moving a lot of luggage and is a bit expensive too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback, we appreciate you taking the time. We were pleased to hear that you found the room comfortable and disappointed that you found the food and beverage pricing a little high. Hope to see you back in Minneapolis soon!
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Very clean, quiet hotel. Loved the big bathroom. Beds were comfy. Rooms are tastefully decorated. The restaurant had a delicious breakfast with Amish bacon and free run eggs. All in all a very elegant hotel, close to the Convention Center and Caribou Coffee and Starbuck's. lots of eating places in the near vacinity. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Fairly close to the airport and fairly close to the light rail transit which is very cheap to get to the airport and the Mall of America. My friend and I love the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Mine was very quiet on the 17th floor and facing west.