I stay at this Hyatt once a year on business so I was very surprised this year to see that it's gone through a major renovation. I might be a little jaded because I was startled by the new look. The lobby, for example, went from a classic layout with lots of dark wood and bell captain stand to a sort of boutique minimalist looking space with lots of slate. It's an interesting look and I might just be startled by the drastic difference in the lobby but, to be honest, I didn't love it. I always liked the rooms and their layout and I'm not really sure what they did in the rooms but they're really nice and comfortable. Lots of different kind of lighting and the bathroom had loads of counter space and even a lamp in it (a really nice touch). The hallway design is dreadful. Some combination of dark blues, it really didn't work in such a large hotel. I've stayed in some small, hip hotels where this look can work, but it just doesn't here. Nevertheless, the location is so great I would stay here again. I wasn't put off by the new design, just didn't love it. The new "grab a snack and go" food stop is a great improvement. I found the front desk staff to be pleasant and helpful but i did somewhat interrupt someone (she did look up at me and asked if she could help me so it wasn't like I started talking while she was involved something else) but I could tell she was annoyed but I asked my question anyway and she did answer but it was short and to the point. That wasn't everyone and I completely understand that this can happen anywhere.
I would recommend staying here, it's all new, very comfortable and you can't beat the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located downtown Minneapolis on Nicollet Mall, Hyatt is connected via skyway to the Minneapolis Convention Center. Within walking distance to Target Field, US Bank Stadium, Walker Art Center, Sculpture Garden, Lightrail Train, Theaters, Business District and Parks. Complimentary Access to StayFit Gym which has full weights, boxing, cardio, and Fitness Classes On-Demand. Pool and Basketball court available to guests. Dine at Prairie Kitchen & Bar which offers seasonal cuisine or Market available in Lobby for quick menu options and Starbucks coffee. Pet-Friendly, Kid Friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis On Nicollet Mall
- Hyatt Minneapolis