“Fantastic location, newly redone - did I mention the location?”

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stay at this Hyatt once a year on business so I was very surprised this year to see that it's gone through a major renovation. I might be a little jaded because I was startled by the new look. The lobby, for example, went from a classic layout with lots of dark wood and bell captain stand to a sort of boutique minimalist looking space with lots of slate. It's an interesting look and I might just be startled by the drastic difference in the lobby but, to be honest, I didn't love it. I always liked the rooms and their layout and I'm not really sure what they did in the rooms but they're really nice and comfortable. Lots of different kind of lighting and the bathroom had loads of counter space and even a lamp in it (a really nice touch). The hallway design is dreadful. Some combination of dark blues, it really didn't work in such a large hotel. I've stayed in some small, hip hotels where this look can work, but it just doesn't here. Nevertheless, the location is so great I would stay here again. I wasn't put off by the new design, just didn't love it. The new "grab a snack and go" food stop is a great improvement. I found the front desk staff to be pleasant and helpful but i did somewhat interrupt someone (she did look up at me and asked if she could help me so it wasn't like I started talking while she was involved something else) but I could tell she was annoyed but I asked my question anyway and she did answer but it was short and to the point. That wasn't everyone and I completely understand that this can happen anywhere.

I would recommend staying here, it's all new, very comfortable and you can't beat the location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Randy T, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for a nice review, and I appreciate the constructive feedback as well. I will share your impression with the staff in a effort to inprove our service delivery.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,075)

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The room was like i would expect from a Hyatt. Unbelievable though that you have to pay for wireless internet access. Other, mostly cheaper hotel chains, offer free wireless internet. Also not a possibility to make coffee or tea in the room.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jacob B
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I booked this through Priceline and tried to rebook through the hotel bc the hotel was having a get third night free deal. Couldn't bc it was after noon on Thursday before our Friday check in wout penalties so just called the hotel to confirm our reservation and let them know we will be bringing a dog. Told that fees were $35
Per night which was different than what was stated on Expedia ($35 per stay) and what we were told when we called earlier that week. Also, told that they did not acknowledge the free Bfast that was included in my Priceline room reservation. I paid 109 per
Night per room instead of 99 for the two free breakfasts. Once we checked in were given a nice quiet room in pet block and told about a green area out back which is a beautiful oasis leading to what I think is loring park. Great for travelers w dogs! Staff never said anything about the bfasts upon check in even after calling Priceline an having Priceline call HR to confirm they would acknowledge them only after we showed them the intinerary. We have it printed and I guess it'll be another battle to see if we get to eat in the am. Disappointed they didnt just make a note of it and honor it. However, cust service was able to ask the hotel to only charge $35 pet fee for the stay due to the miscommunication. We will see if that happens. Offered to send link w wrong info but was not interested...hmmmm. That's why I have not become a rewards member. Staff upon arrival (bell) was excellent and rooms are surprisingly quiet. Like the rooms and bathroom vanity is a bonus. Limited tv channels.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We just came back from a great stay at this hotel! The lobby is beautiful and looks like it was just renovated. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows, and the room was very clearn. We were able to walk to restaurants and to Target Field for the twins game very easily. Overall it was a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nlmayfield

I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and our city. Thank you for an great review.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I spent 5 nights at this hotel while attending a professional meeting (also in the hotel) and was pleased with the experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby area is most impressive and offers ample sitting space. The sleeping room was comfortable, with an attractive decor; the bathroom was spacious and had a nice contemporary feel to it. Good restaurant, and a well-stocked market place instead of the usual coffee shop. Reliable and fast Internet access. Excellent downtown location on Nicolett Mall, with good access to public transportation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for a nice review, I appreciate your positive comments on our staff and the amenities we offer in our hotel.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The hotel is newly renovated and I must say looks very nice on the inside. Check in has a very attentive, friendly feel, the rooms were fresh and clean upon arrival. The best thing about the rooms is the bathroom. The location of the hotel is ideal for any downtown event and rivals the newest hotels of downtown Minneapolis.

Room Tip: 21st floor was very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Justin S

Thank you for a nice review... I am very poud of our hotel and staff and agree we have a great location to visit downtown Minneapolis.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I attended a conference at this hotel. The conference was in the hotel also. Room fine, above average I'd say. Good restaurants. Nice large open bar and open pit style large seating area in lobby. Plenty of conference space and staff did a great job working the conference. The hotel is in a great location for walks and shopping. Right on the main strip. Entire area also has sky walk for bad weather but it twists and turns a lot so wear comfortable shoes. Overall a nice experience for a fantastic price.

• Stayed: June 2012