“An alright hotel in an ok location with friendly staff. I dislike the secure elevators that often cannot read one's card.”

Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar
Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Breckenridge, Minnesota
Reviewed April 20, 2014

An alright hotel in an ok location with friendly staff. I dislike the secure elevators that often cannot read one's card. I loved the bartender ... The food was just ok ... Drinks we great but a but pricey.

• Stayed April 2014
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Jonlgreen,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Minneapolis. I appreciate your feedback and will work to improve the areas you mentioned such as elevator card readers. I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel and ask for the general manager.

Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Centrally located but not worth the price. The room was clean but there was no fridge and the water took a long time to drain. No free wifi unless to ask them specifically for it. It was really cold too, no matter how much you cranked up the heat. No pool either.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear writerintherough,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was in town for a conference at the convention center. The hotel is about 10 blocks from the arena. Its a nice walk in the spring/summer/fall but would be pretty cold in the winter. (skyways available but a bit of a maze)

Most people stayed at a hotel closer to the venue but I got a great deal through hotwire and I am glad I made the choice to stay at the Crowne Plaza Northstar.

The guest service manager Jackie Letour and her staff were very friendly when I walked in and we all had a nice chat and I felt welcomed which is very important to me, and they let me check in at 2:30 no problem and gave me a great room.

The room was spacious with a great two sided window view. (My friends who stayed at the other hotel had tiny rooms)

The room was clean and quiet and the shower was great.

The gym is an important "must have" for me and the workout facility was great and clean....AND FREE!

The service was excellent and the staff friendly all over the hotel.

The bar downstairs is very nice and the bar staff were great and enjoyed serving their clientele. nice fire place for the winter too!

Any time you stay on downtown Mpls. be prepared to pay a premium for parking, but the lots were attached to the building which was great.

Couple "averages"...the lobby is very small and does not have the "wow" factor of other downtown hotels where I have stayed.

I tried to print out some tickets in the business center and the computer did not have the program I needed which was frustrating .

Overall I enjoyed my stay mostly because of the staff

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
PositiveP,

Thank you for chosing the Crowne Plaza Northstar for your recent visit to Minneapolis. I am very proud of the staff at the hotel and Jackie is a wonderful leader for them. The skyway system is a great benefit particularily in the winter months, inquire with the front desk for a very detailed map showing all of the connections.

We look forward to having you stay with us again. Have a great day.
Mitchell, South Dakota
Reviewed April 10, 2014

When we checked in, we had some difficulty with our reservations but they were errors on the part of the person with us that had made the reservations.(This I determined when we got home). They were very friendly and helpful, even the manager on duty named Jackie.whom we asked to speak to. Jackie gave us our free breakfasts, and free parking as advertised when our friend booked it.... .only to find out when we returned home, he hadn't booked on their actual site. As Jackie explained, often times these sites come up first and visitors book thru them thinking they are booking thru the hotel and then are confused when they don't get everything they are promised. Sorry Jackie.
The rooms are beautiful, well kept, and clean and the breakfasts were very good. The staff ALWAYS greeted us in the hallways and elevators...a plus.
My wife had the misfortune of getting very ill on day and I stopped the supervisor of houskeeping and asked how I would get my wife to urgent care as I have no vehicle or even any knowledge where to go. He told me to comedownstairs and he would have a taxi waiting for me. When we got down there he told me the hotel would pay for my taxi ride to Urgent Care and back to the Hotel...Wow...these people are WONDERFUL!! After heading to Urgent Care and then a trip to the ER we returned back to the hotel 5 hours later. The staff asked us how everything went when we passed the check in desk. I explained quickly what happened and asked where I might find some apple juice. They said dont worry we will have some sent up to you....it almost beat us there. I am so amazed at the caring staff and the professionalism they showed from checkin to check out....Thanks so much for everyone that helped us..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Fasteddy1954,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent visit to Minneapolis. On behalf of all the staff at the Crowne Plaza, we hope that your wife is doing well. I am very proud of the staff we have at the hotel and their desire to provide excellent service.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Enjoy your day.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Hotel room was nice but the walls are paper thin. I could hear everything from the couple fighting to the TV. The bed and sheets were not very comfortable either. The room was clean, modern and nice out side of these items.

• Stayed April 2014
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
GeneralZodd,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Minneapolis. I am dissapointed to hear that you were bothered by nearby neighbors. Please contact the hotel and ask to speak with the general manager as I would like to discuss your stay further.

Thank you.
Altoona, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel is in a great location, has very nice rooms, and reasonable parking, but what I like the most is the customer service. We were in town for a "girls weekend" attending a play at the Orpheum, then looking to find the final four on TV somewhere. I asked at the desk, when we checked in, for a good location to watch the Badgers in the Final four. She gave me some suggestions which was great. However, the excellent customer service was the fact that I received a phone call from Catherine, who was the person that checked us in at the front desk. She called to let me know that she had found out that there was a "Badger Bar" and that we would probably enjoy it there since she knew we were Badger fans. I have never had a hotel go above and beyond like that. That was excellent customer service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Kriesejd,

Thank you for staying with us at the Crowne Plaza Minneapolis for a recent girl's getaway. Catherine is a wonderful asset to the hotel and I am proud to read about the high level of service she provided. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Have a great day.
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We appreciated the large rooms and bathrooms with lots of mirrors for the wedding party! After we got past some initial rudeness and un-helpfulness, the front desk girls snapped around and got us checked in and gave us the bellhop we requested. After that, everyone was very helpful and wonderful and stored the wedding cake and helped print out the vows, et. our hats are off to them all!

Room Tip: The 15th floor corner suite was perfect to accommodate the wedding preparations and had a beautiful...