“Another great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Lowry, MN
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 1 weekend last summer and again last night. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Good downtown location with convenient, affordable attached parking. Room was clean and comfortable. Did not try the cafe but enjoyed the lounge both times. Met Bob (bartender) during our first stay and it was nice that he remembered us when we returned for our second stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
PenniMN,

Thank you for your continued loyalty with us at the Crowne Plaza Northstar. I will be sure to pass on your kind remarks to Bob one of our great bar tenders. We look forward to seeing you and your husband again soon!

Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

I visited in January 2014 on a business trip. Another good stay.

Front desk staff are friendly and efficient. The rooms are clean and tidy. The beds are comfortable.

I got an upgrade because I was travelling with my colleague who gets more perks. I was on the floor that has access to the hospitality suite. The breakfast was a little unusual for my tastes - a scrambled egg mess in a wrap. I could have used a piece of bacon.

All-in-all, a great stay. It's my choice in downtown Minneapolis.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CanadaJamie01,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Northstar this past January. I appreciate your positive comments regarding your interactions with our staff. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Waseca, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

In and out parking was convenient. Room was nice, but showing some signs of wear. Staff was very friendly. Will be back. Had to call desk for room
Service in morning despite leaving an order on my door the night before. Would give it another shot.

• Stayed January 2014
NorthshoreJm,

Thank you for staying with us at the Crowne Plaza Northstar in Minneapolis! I am excited to say that we are putting in new hallway carpet and wall vinyl beginning in March of this year. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Worthington, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed for one night after business meeting in St. Paul. I was able to park overnight in the ramp for a reasonable price and access to the hotel was convenient. The rate for the evening was very affordable. I booked late in teh afternoon, so this might have been an advantge. The main reason for my excellent review was the staff. From check in to room service and finally check out, everyone was super! Very knowledgeable, accessible, and polite. The room was large and clean and the beds were super comfortable. I didn't take advantage of the lounge, but the open fireplace was very inviting. I will definitely choose this hotel again for future stays!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
LBean,

Thank you for staying with the Crowne Plaza Northstar on your recent visit to Minneapolis. Thank you so much for your great comments they are much appreciated. We look forward to having you staff with us again!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was very concerned going in that there might be troubles since I had 2 seperate reservations for back to back nights. However, when I checked in I was very happy with Hailey and the job she did and when she had troubles she got help which was great! The one problem that occurred was on my parking she put me down for the weekday and weekend parking which I wanted, but she put the wrong checkout date and so when I left the garage I got charged again for Sunday. I was very happy with the groupon I had for the hotel and it was my 1st time to Minnesota so being downtown was very neat!! Everyone was so helpful! There were 2 things on the room I would fix, 1st in the bathroom where the shower head comes out of the wall the silicone had broke so it wasn't fastened to the wall anymore. 2nd the shades wouldn't close all the way leaving a gap for light to shine right into the bed. Other than that it was a great stay and I would recommend it again!!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Zalesky3,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent visit to Minneapolis. I really appreciate your feed back on the check in experience and will ensure she gets proper training on that. In addition, I will have our maintence department inspec the room and make the two corrections that you pointed out. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to your next stay with us.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

the fifth circle isn't filled in for one reason - and it's not the hotel's fault. First, the front desk people are top notch. They received boxes and faxes for me, emailed me at the conv. ctr when they arrived. Cudos to them. Common areas (lobby, restaurant and hallways) seemed a bit dated but once inside the room, it was as good as I expect from a Crowne Plaza.
What really got my goat was the fact that on weekends, the Skyway doesn't open until much later. I had to be at the convention center by 8:00 so my options in sub-zero temperatures were to walk or take a cab six blocks. I opted to walk to the Hilton where I could then get on the Skyway and finish my trek. So if you're in town for a weekday convention or a weekend getaway, I recommend the Crowne Plaza. If you find yourself headed for the conv. ctr on weekends in the winter, not so much.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Midwest_vagabond
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Midwest vegabond,

Thank you for chosing the Crowne Plaza Minneapolis for your recent visit to Minneapolis. I appreciate your kind words regarding the hotel and staff. With regards to the skyway, it is unfortunate that it opens later on the weekends. Your feedback is appreciated, we will work with the downtown on modifying the hours during convention weekends.

Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for the weekend. From the time that we arrived the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. The only negative was that it was warm when we arrived at our room, so we turned the heat down. Then it got quite cool, and we couldn't seem to get it to warm up. I think it was because we didn't have the fan blowing the hot air around. The next evening we turned it up higher (we had to put it up to 78) and had the fan on and we were comfortable.

The location is great, close to many restaurants.

We got our room through Hotwire, and I was worried about choosing a 3.5 star over a 4 star - but was pleasantly surprised. I would definitely stay here again.

As an aside - I left some important papers in a binder in our room and when I realized it - we were two hours away on our way home. I called, and they made sure to find it and are putting it in the mail for me tomorrow. Very helpful, friendly, professional staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
L0vet0travel70,

Thank you for chosing to stay with the Crowne Plaza Northstar while Minneapolis. Great feedback on the thermostats, I am glad you were able to get the temperature regulated. I will follow up on the lost items and make sure those are on their way to you.

Have a great day and we will see you next time you travel to Minneapolis