“Great job”

Crowne Plaza Northstar
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had nothing but bad luck on my trip but the staff their was very helpfull and worked with even helped me find thing to do and how to get there. Veronica was very awsome at helping me and would even take time to have conversations with me and when traveling by my self it was nice to have someone to tlk to and she even tried to help me find other mods of transit when my flights got canceled!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank rogersman1996
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Rogersman1996,

Thank you for your business and chosing the Crowne Plaza Minneapolis on your recent visit. I am happy to hear your positive feedback regarding Victoria, we are proud to have her on our team! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We check in after a long flight from Maui throughout the New Year's Eve night and were exhausted. The directions on the Crowne Plaza website from the airport were so easy to follow, the parking personnel pointed us in the right direction to the various interstates out of MPLS, the front desk personnel were engaging, witty, helpful, and thoughtful (not waking us the next morning to pick up a down coat my cousin had dropped off) when we were obviously experiencing jet lag and needed sleep. The restaurant staff was great, making us feel very at home and helping us with our special dietary needs when ordering, and room service was so prompt that we were really caught off guard. The room was immaculate and the maid brought the extra linens that I requested. And the shops that are connected to the SKyway system were so convenient since we didn't want to go out in the minus 20 degree weather. The overall experience was excellent!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Easy to find place, the GPS brought us right to the front door. The parking garage is integrated with the hotel and elevator access was easy. Connected to the Minneapolis Skyway system so you can get around regardless of the weather. The downside is the Skyway closes at night.
The front desk team was very polite and took great care of my wife and I. The room was euro styled, which I do not particularly like because I like functional thing first and the euro style just makes it hard.
The bed in the room was very comfortable and had new comfortable pillows. I would have liked more blankets on the bed. The vending and ice were very close to the room but access was limited by the small door. The only complaint I have about the room is a lack of heat in the bathroom. The marble floor looks nice but it was very cold, I was not looking forward to the shower.
We did go the lounge and had a couple of drinks. We ordered a pizza and it was everything you would want. The bartender did not know a lot about beer, I asked for an amber lager and need to clarify it as dark beer. The tap beer she suggested was very hoppy, I added a lime wedge and drank it. I ordered a bottle beer next. The beer was apparently a slow mover and was bad. It was replaced easily enough when I asked. I felt the price was good for the location. Two beers, one drink and a pizza for $32.00 in downtown Minneapolis.
The pro's definitely out-weigh the cons. I would return and spend another night without any problems.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Ross C,

Thank you for chosing the Crowne Plaza Northstar for your recent visit to Minneapolis. The skyways are a wonderful asset especially with the cold weather we have had over the past few weeks. We appreciate your feedback on your experience in the Krona bar and will look into beer quality. We look forward to hosting you and your wife again for a weekend getaway in Minneapolis.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The Crowne Plaza is located in a perfect downtown location within close walking distance to nearly everything. Reasonable on-site parking was a huge plus and the room was well above my expectations for the price that we paid for the room. I would definitely stay here again and hope to very soon!!

Room Tip: We had a city view room and thought it was very nice being able to look down on the street below and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Ebersold70,

Thank you for chosing the Crowne Plaza Minneapolis, we appreciate your business. Our location is ideal for business meetings, sporting events, shopping and nightlife. We look forward to your return trip.

Have a great day

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Check-in was flawless and not only was my room request honored, but I was also given a few different choices. I stay in hotels over 200 nights a year and most often, hotel staff doesn't want to be bothered with requests, and getting my requests taken care of is so important since I am away from home over half the year, every year.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Scott L,

Thank you so much for chosing the Crowne Plaza Northstar in Downtown Minneapolis for your recent visit. I am proud of the staff we have here at the hotel and I am glad to here they made a positive impact on our stay. We look forward to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Minneapolis.

Have a great day

Reviewed December 20, 2013

This hotel has a great location in the middle of the Minneapolis Downtown but for the price, it is lacking some standard amenities. First, wireless Internet costs $9.95 a day. OUCH! Most hotels now offer FREE wireless Internet. Second, there was no complimentary breakfast and I mean NONE. And when the coffee ran out at 10:00AM, there was no more to be had. Really? Most hotels now offer a wonderful hot complimentary breakfast all morning long and server FREE non-alcoholic drinks all day long. Third, there was no complimentary happy hour. Instead they offered beer in the bar for $5.oo each. OUCH! Highway robbery!! Most hotels now offer at least a two hour all you can drink happy hour in the afternoon and have much more reasonable prices on alcoholic drinks. So shop around before you choose this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brad L
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Brad L.,

Thank you for chosing the Crowne Plaza on your recent business trip to Minneapolis. We are pleased to announce that all IHG Rewards members will be getting Free Wifi starting January 1st 2014. Although we don't offer complimentary breakfast to all guests in the hotel, we offer a reasonably priced breakfast package. Within the IHG family, the Holiday Inn Express and the Staybridge Suites are two great options for hotels offering complimentary breakfast. Thank you again for your business and look forward to speaking further with you regarding your concerns.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Met Friends Downtown for a weekend/ game and you can not beat the location. Walking distance to everything you may need. Staff was friendly. Lobby bar was a good spot to meet up and have a few drinks and some good apps. The room was average. A little worn. Tub didn't drain well, had to stand in a friends shower water to shower after him. The big thing for me is I hate hotels that put a fee on the little things. Had to pay to park in the attached garage, front desk could not comp it, and there was a fee for internet. Had I not been charged for those two items I would have given a higher rating. But we paid for the location, and we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear JoBuBa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to hear your positive feedback on our hotel location, friendly staff and lobby bar. Our hotel is within walking distance of sports venues like Target Field, the Target Center and the Metrodome. However, it is regrettable that the quality of our rooms did not live up to your expectations. We work hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P