I stayed at this hotel Oct 17th-18th after getting married. My first surprise was that the hotel didn't seem anything like the pictures. I expected a totally different room. When I booked, I chose the "supreme king," or something to that effect, the only choice above that was a suite. I looked back, and the pictures online are mostly of the "Presidential Suite," When looking at the pictures of the beds, bathroom, etc, I didn't realize it was a suite I guess. They could make it clearer. The room I got was a tad smaller than average regular king room at any other place, but it was a corner room, so I just figured that must've been the "upgrade" from the regular king. I still don't know. It was okay for the night and at the price we paid. Check-out was at noon. I had my bouquet when I arrived and the desk staff offered to find me a vase, they couldn't find one, but it was a nice gesture anyway.
Just as the other reviews say, the walls are thin..I slept great, so not really an issue for me. I loved the bed, perfect combo of soft and firm. They left two champagne glasses and a small bottle of champagne, knowing we were just married. Very nice and attentive. Room Service was okay. I ordered burger/fries and hubby got some sort of turkey/ham sandwich, the total was 32$ and some change. Average hotel inflation. The food wasn't bad, so it made it less painful...my one grip though was, I ordered my burger "medium" and it was super rare. I'm not against rare burgers, so I tried to eat it, but there is such a thing as just too rare. I could taste blood. I didn't send it back cause I would've just had a mind thing about tampering and wouldn't have ate it. I just ate around the edge and left the center. Flavor was awesome though, I've been craving one done right ever since. I'm planning to go back to the restaurant soon. Hubby's food was right on point.
Parking was $20, I don't think its part of the hotel, even though they're part of each other. When I asked if there was a hotel discount for parking in the morning, the attendant was rude and while bobbing her neck and rolling her eyes, said "NO, there is not"..I guess it was cold out there, so whatever. We wanted to be able to use the skyways to get around, but they were closed after hours, so don't bank on that for night time. In the end, I'd stay here again if I needed too. When we left, hubby forgot a shirt and pants in the bathroom. We called and they said they would send them to us. The charge on my card is 35$ for shipping, which is a bit steep for a package going 50miles away...I could've/shouldve drove back, and its been 6 days and still no package. I will probably dispute the charge at day 10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Northstar is centrally located in the heart of downtown Minneapolis and connected by skyway to most major businesses and entertainment venues, such as Target Field, Target Center, and Nicollet Mall. The new US Bank Stadium is only 0.8 miles away, and Loring Park is one mile away. Crowne Plaza Northstar offers two on-site restaurants, Cafe Northstar and Krona Bar and Grill. Crowne Plaza Northstar features a 24-hour fitness center, full-service business center, and free Wi-Fi for guests. The beautiful outdoor Skygarden is perfect for corporate and social events, plus over 10,000 square feet of indoor, versatile meeting space. Crowne Plaza Northstar is located two blocks away from the Light Rail Transit Station that services trips to Mall of America and the airport. The pay on-site parking ramp with in and out privileges for hotel guests is convenient. Exceptional staff is here to assist you every step of the way at Crowne Plaza Northstar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar Hotel Minneapolis
- Crowne Plaza Minneapolis
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis