“Business destination”

Crowne Plaza Northstar
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This Minneapolis hotel is clean with comfortable beds, and good internet connectivity.

The bathroom, while clean, was a bit of a mish-mash of decorating. One could tell that successive renovations, overtop of other renovations, was the prevailing style. Not a big deal, but kind distracted from the overall high quality of the rest of the accomodation.

The staff were quick and attentive, and allowed an early check-in, and late check-out.

I was staying with a business colleague with extra perks, which I also took advantage of. For the regular Joe, there's no breakfast, but I had access to their hospitality suite, with a light breakfast. It was just okay. Exclusivity doesn't necessarily equal high quality, despite comfy chairs and friendly staff.

I'd stay here again, if in Minneapolis on business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been working in Minneapolis for the last few months now and the Crowne Plaza Northstar has become my home away from home. The staff at this hotel: from the front desk, to room service, restaurants, attendants in the Club Lounge, housekeeping, and the management staff are a group of professionals dedicated to quality service. They have gone above and beyond to ensure each stay is just as enjoyable if not more than my last. I had the most amazing service experience by a staff member in the club lounge one morning - I believe her name was Yatta. I can't even recall all the extraordinary requests I've had being away from home for such long extended periods of time, but my sincere appreciation goes to the team for making every effort to fulfill every single one of them. The location is awesome, you can get to everything downtown within minutes. The food here is great. The rooms are very comfortable. Parking is reasonable. My only constructive criticism would be to do some updating on all the rooms as I understand some of them have already been. And comparable to other 4 star properties definitely renovate the bathrooms as they appear dated.

Room Tip: Be sure to request an odd floor because vending and soda machines are only on odd floors. Corner roo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Pastor Eric,

Thank you for your loyalty and we enjoy having you stay with us as much as you enjoy staying. Yatta is a great asset to the hotel and will make sure she is congratulated for taking such good care of you and all our guests.

We look forward to your next stay! Have a great day.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel has the most professional, friendly, positive, enthusiastic personnel on its staff. From Brian, who checked us in at 2AM one night, to Yata (joy-filled and very accommodating, with outstanding service) in the restaurant...the staff is there to please their customers. Anita and Victoria were knowledgeable, helpful, and went above and beyond to make us comfortable and provide information about restaurants and local sites. I cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel. I will definitely be back!!!!

Room Tip: My room overlooked the garden area....very nice!
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Personnel were very helpful and cordial, weekend parking rate was reasonable, rooms were comfortable and quiet. Front desk also was able to accommodate our request for adjoining rooms as we had six in our party. Overall great value and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank J0hnny25
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at this location last night. Brian, the front desk clerk was very nonchalant. There was no pleasant greeting and he looked at me as if I didn’t belong there. All while he stood there imputing my credit card information with obvious dirt under his nails. It is obvious that this is an outdated hotel with some renovations in some areas. The bathroom/shower is very small and the guest towels hanging in the bathroom had hair entangled in them. I requested another set to be sent up and experienced the same problem. They need better house keeping services . The bathroom floor needed to be mopped and the bathroom fixtures looked as if they were glossed over and not actually cleaned. They charge for internet whereas most hotels offer complimentary service. Their 3.5 stars should be demoted to 2.5 stars in my opinion. I would never stay here again. It was dirty and I felt very uncomfortable staying there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

ID C, I am sorry to hear that your stay with us fell below your expectations. Your feedback is important and I would like to have the opportunity to discuss your concerns with a follow up phone converstation. Please contact the hotel and provide us with your contact information. Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Fantastic Service and clean rooms. Great location.. I have stayed here many times and never had a problem. Rooms are larger then you expect and for the price very well worth it. My friend recommended me the place and has stayed there with her family many times.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your recent stay. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The Crowne Plaza Northstar in Minneapolis is well located in the heart of the downtown area. You can walk most places you want to get to including Target Ford and the Vikings stadium. The rooms are very clean and comfortable but the hotel and rooms are getting just a little tired. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Robbo91,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel as your preferred accommodation and for taking the time to share your nice comments after your recent visit with us.

It was real pleasure to learn that your stay with us was such a pleasant one. Your opinion, as every single guest, is very important to us and serves us as an advise, reward and motivation for the future.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dhan M