Crowne Plaza Northstar
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsquiet floorfront deskroom was cleanan older hotelparking ramplight railthe club loungebusiness tripwalking distancetarget centertwins gameone night staydowntown locationhotel baran upgradedefinitely stay here againroom key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Pros:

Updated decor, very elegant
Plugs galore in room (hooray)!
Great location with access to Skyway
Room on 8th floor was terrific and had a patio door that opened to a courtyard!

Cons:

When checking in my clerk left a few times to answer the phone and tell housekeeping what rooms they should clean for the following night while I stood there. He seemed oblivious to the fact that you should continue to help the customer you are interacting with, rather than walk away for an internal phone call!

The room was hot, hot, hot. I was about to get my tanning lotion out! Something was wrong and the thermometer kept resetting to 82 degrees (why would it even go that high?). Despite calling the front desk and tipping an attendant to resolve the problem after he confirmed something was wrong........I never heard back!

A 'four' star hotel should have bottled water in the room,either for purchase or gratis!

Room Tip: Ask for the 8th floor, you can also access from Wi-fi from there!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear megoreilly,

We appreciate your feedback of our hotel. I am happy you found our hotel location commendable. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are sorry for not being able to meet your expectations on this day particularly with the room temperature and level of service received from our hotel staff. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The location is very easy to find and parking garage is convenient to access hotel. However as others mentioned parking fees are an add-on many of us forget when comparing total cost of stay. Also, In today's world Wi-Fi shouldn't be an additional cost.

The location on the Skyway is excellent to get to any downtown venue. The parking pass did allow us unlimited entry as this location provided us easy access to the highway in all directions.

I as others, thought the on-site restaurant was a bit pricey for guests. Maybe a discount card would be appropriate to encourage guests to stay in. Plenty of other options for dining in the area. The hotel did offer some coupons for these types of places.

We had reserved a room for 4, however room was only set-up for 3 towels. Not a big deal , just one of those inconveniences.

Room was very comfortable. the large shades are ideal for sleeping in. Missed a hot tub or pool.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Ziggys_Mfld,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We are delighted to read you liked our location and found the rooms comfortable. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at the crowne plaza Minneapolis for a wedding and it was a great stay. The staff and hotel were great and the food was awesome. Loved the room that I stayed in and the bed had a nice touch of the new sleep amenity kits that really helped me sleep.

The only complaint I had was the parking the price is was a lot but off set with a discount. Not sure about the parking the next time I'll get dropped off.

Overall the stay was great in terms of service and rooms. When a hotel delivers on the basics, it will always be a great stay

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked a room at an obscene discount and were excited to spend the weekend out on the town on my first trip to Minneapolis. Our room had one king bed on the 11th floor and was perfect (although the rooms could use a fridge). Parking was extra, but you get a big discount if you get your parking pass validated at the front desk. I can't count that against them as they don't own the garage and it's what one would normally expect downtown in a large city. Our first night was ruined by some ridiculously obnoxious kids who gave us and the night concierge, Ron, a horrible time. The offenders were removed from the hotel and our second night was so much better. The hotel comp'd us some meals at the restaurant and some drinks at the bar.

I'm going to have to parrot some previous reviewers in complimenting the staff. Ron at night and Anita during the day were gracious hosts and put our needs and comfort first. Had the hotel itself been a little less amazing, I'd still stay there for the helpful attitude these front desk attendants always maintained. Kudos and I can't wait for my next trip!

One note: our heavy window shade wasn't capable of shutting. I'm a partier and like to close those things tight to get some daytime sleeping in. I think the hotel should look into making that happen.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager618, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you so much for kind review. We are very lucky to have Ron and Anita. Ron does a really great job keeping things under control on the 3rd shift. I would like to apologize for the issue with your noisy neighbors. We have a very strong stance on noise complaints and will react accordingly.

The issue with the blinds is not uncommon. There is a black out shade behind the wooden blinds that can be pulled down to block the light. Unfortunately, in the evenings it is difficult to see them against a dark window.

Please keep us in mind when you come back to Minneapolis. Thanks so much for choosing us.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Anita at the front desk was always helpful suggesting great places to go out to eat at night! She made our stay in Minneapolis incredible!! The Crowne Plaza was in a great location downtown connected to the skywalks. I would recommend it to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager618, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about Anita. We are so fortunate to have her!

I am always so pleased when our guests take this opportunity to share their experiences. I am very proud of the staff here and am always proud to say that we work together.

Enjoy your week!