I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in September 2012 for a family wedding. The wedding was at St. Olaf's Church and was in walking distance from the hotel.
There were many different places to shop and eat close to the hotel also. We took the sky-way one afternoon and just wandered through different buildings and stores. It leads to Macy's and Target which is really convenient if the weather is not nice, then you don't even have to go outside but can still get some shopping done.
Friends of ours went to the bar and said the service was gets, and the ladies at the front desk were very helpful with directions and recommendations. Also the door men were great too!
We Stayed on the floor of the garden terrace. There were four rooms all together with the people we traveled with, and we all had different rooms! Ours was the best! We had sliding doors that led out to the terrace. So during the day would could enjoy the sun, and in the evening when the common doors locked, it was still accessible for the smokers in our group. It was also nice because the wedding party had there pictures taken in the garden so we were able to get a sneak peak at the bride before the wedding.
We had breakfast in the restaurant one morning. It was delicious and reasonably priced. My fiance was wearing a Detroit Red Wings hat that day, and the manager of the restaurant and him talked for a really long time about hockey. She had even named her first child after a Detroit Red Winger. He really enjoyed the conversation. Its not very often we travel to the US and get to have an in-depth discussion with someone about the game of hockey. She got a big tip from him that day :)
When we first arrived at the hotel, we had a little bit of trouble finding it at first. It wasn't very well identified other then a small sign up very high, and the parking was a little stressful out front until we were told where the park-aid was. Being in a smaller Ontario city we aren't use to that kind of parking.
There was no free wifi, and the cost to use the wifi was very expensive. My teenage cousin was very irritated with that.
Mall of America was just over a $30 cab from the hotel.
All in all we all enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Northstar is centrally located in the heart of downtown Minneapolis and connected by skyway to most major businesses and entertainment venues, such as Target Field, Target Center, and Nicollet Mall. The new US Bank Stadium is only 0.8 miles away, and Loring Park is one mile away. Crowne Plaza Northstar offers two on-site restaurants, Cafe Northstar and Krona Bar and Grill. Crowne Plaza Northstar features a 24-hour fitness center, full-service business center, and free Wi-Fi for guests. The beautiful outdoor Skygarden is perfect for corporate and social events, plus over 10,000 square feet of indoor, versatile meeting space. Crowne Plaza Northstar is located two blocks away from the Light Rail Transit Station that services trips to Mall of America and the airport. The pay on-site parking ramp with in and out privileges for hotel guests is convenient. Exceptional staff is here to assist you every step of the way at Crowne Plaza Northstar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar Hotel Minneapolis
- Crowne Plaza Minneapolis
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis