“Excellent service”

Crowne Plaza Northstar
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here the weekend prior to New Years and was pleasantly surprise at the great customer service we received.
We arrived on the train early Saturday morning and they had a room ready for us! The staff was very helpful with restaurant recommendations and giving us directions to shopping and other area attractions. The manager on duty, Jackie LaTour, was phenomenal. She went out of her way to assist us with dinner reservations on New Years Eve and arranging a car for us to take to the train station later that night.
The only negative of the stay was the hot water issue...we stayed on the 17th floor and never had "hot" water. There was a hot water heater issue on day, but even after it was fixed we didn't have more than luke warm water. It was brought to the staff's attention and they did everything to try to make things better. Hopefully they'll improve their water heating system.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager618, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! It is always great to read about great guest experiences in our hotel. Jackie LaTour is a very important member of our team and certainly leads by example in regards to customer service for the rest of us.
I want to apologize for the issue with the hot water on the morning on January 1st. We did have an issue with our heat exchanger and it was resolved later that day. I know that does not make up for your luke warm shower on a cold morning, but I want you to know that this is not the norm for our hotel.
If your travels bring you back downtown, please feel free to contact me directly and I will certainly assist with your reservation needs.
Happy New Year!

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Northstar

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The staff was excellent. They were a great help during a very busy time. Kadie was wonderful in making our stay the great stay it was. She helped us to experience the city with directions and suggestions. The beds are very comfortable and the room was cozy. I would recommend staying here to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Happy New Year from the Crowne Plaza Northstar!
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that Kadie was able to assist you as well as she did. She has proven repeatedly to be an outstanding ambassador for both the hotel and the city of Minneapolis.
I am especially pleased that you enjoyed our beds. In December we were fortunate to be able to change all of our bedding and pillows to the new Crowne Plaza standards as part of the brand's Refresh Program. The feedback we have received as been so positive!
Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

First my hat is off to the staff and Anita thank you for checking me in and to all the staff and can never forget the door man he was great also. I had the best birthday dinner at the Crown Plaza in the bar it was great and the staff gave me a card which was very nice. I want to say thanks again and to the Manager for helping me with my extra days she was very helpful. The food is great.
Bob Rhoades

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I enjoyed the stay but it did fall short on a few areas; I would not stay on the executive floor again. The weekend I was there was also the same weekend of a local marathon. I went to have a quick light breakfast Sunday morning and there was nothing left after the marathon runners cleaned out the continental breakfast and no replenishments were to come I was told by the room hostess. One would think that adequate supplies would have been ordered for such a weekend and or breakfast voucher could have been offered to my husband and me in lieu of. In the evenings the appetizers were not worth the trip in comparison to other executive lounges.
Our room was very nice and clean, bed was okay but soon a replacement is in order. We were not provided with the sleep advantage services and amenities on the executive floor. I think I would have enjoyed the sleep advantage amenities versus the lack of items in the executive lounge. My recommendations would be to pass on the executive floor.
Warning parking is NOT included but access from car to room is not complicated and convenient.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have stayed here on NY's, all my personal visits to the city. It is in an amazing location. The staff is amazing. The weekend packages are great! I always pick this place. I have been here so many times. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel. The staff is always great! They are so willing to help. They also have the MPLS ST Paul Magazine in the room to tell you all the events in the city for the month-which is a great magazine.

Room Tip: I would look at the packages they offer. I would also book a week in advance (they always have decen...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Check in went very smoothly and front desk were very friendly and gave out excellent information about local places like CVS and etc.I was in and out over the holiday visiting family. The parking ramp was fine, near and very reasonable. The hotel overall was very quite and peaceful, I was able to sleep in. No frig or microwave but a lot of places to shop or eat near. Also local delivery. Only one fairly rude front desk person on day 2, she didn't seem to be too concerned about a couple of guys I saw just standing around in the ramp, she said "A concert had just let out, if I ever felt uncomfortable security would walk me to my car." Just look suspicious to me but I guess turned out to be nothing. Otherwise, check out and everything went smoothly. I would stay here again, in a nice location.

Room Tip: Nice place to stay alone or as a couple, good location.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Had a great Wednesday-Saturday stay. Impressed from the start. Anita checked us in, she was incredibly friendly and welcoming. Gave us lots of area dining info.

The room was nice, updated with very comfortable pillows and bed. We had a great city view from the 17th floor. The only negative would be the small bathroom, but there was another vanity area right outside so it worked.

The Club Lounge was nice as well. The staff there was very friendly. Good assortment of breakfast items as well as a nice sweet in the evening.

We occasionally visit the area to see family but this was the first time we stayed downtown. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor on the east side will give you the best view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple