“Love the staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar

You added Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   618 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55402 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #29 of 43 Hotels in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Love the staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The staff was excellent. They were a great help during a very busy time. Kadie was wonderful in making our stay the great stay it was. She helped us to experience the city with directions and suggestions. The beds are very comfortable and the room was cozy. I would recommend staying here to my friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
GeneralManager618, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Happy New Year from the Crowne Plaza Northstar!
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that Kadie was able to assist you as well as she did. She has proven repeatedly to be an outstanding ambassador for both the hotel and the city of Minneapolis.
I am especially pleased that you enjoyed our beds. In December we were fortunate to be able to change all of our bedding and pillows to the new Crowne Plaza standards as part of the brand's Refresh Program. The feedback we have received as been so positive!
Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Coon Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

First my hat is off to the staff and Anita thank you for checking me in and to all the staff and can never forget the door man he was great also. I had the best birthday dinner at the Crown Plaza in the bar it was great and the staff gave me a card which was very nice. I want to say thanks again and to the Manager for helping me with my extra days she was very helpful. The food is great.
Bob Rhoades

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I enjoyed the stay but it did fall short on a few areas; I would not stay on the executive floor again. The weekend I was there was also the same weekend of a local marathon. I went to have a quick light breakfast Sunday morning and there was nothing left after the marathon runners cleaned out the continental breakfast and no replenishments were to come I was told by the room hostess. One would think that adequate supplies would have been ordered for such a weekend and or breakfast voucher could have been offered to my husband and me in lieu of. In the evenings the appetizers were not worth the trip in comparison to other executive lounges.
Our room was very nice and clean, bed was okay but soon a replacement is in order. We were not provided with the sleep advantage services and amenities on the executive floor. I think I would have enjoyed the sleep advantage amenities versus the lack of items in the executive lounge. My recommendations would be to pass on the executive floor.
Warning parking is NOT included but access from car to room is not complicated and convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dickinson, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have stayed here on NY's, all my personal visits to the city. It is in an amazing location. The staff is amazing. The weekend packages are great! I always pick this place. I have been here so many times. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel. The staff is always great! They are so willing to help. They also have the MPLS ST Paul Magazine in the room to tell you all the events in the city for the month-which is a great magazine.

Room Tip: I would look at the packages they offer. I would also book a week in advance (they always have decen...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Waterloo, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Check in went very smoothly and front desk were very friendly and gave out excellent information about local places like CVS and etc.I was in and out over the holiday visiting family. The parking ramp was fine, near and very reasonable. The hotel overall was very quite and peaceful, I was able to sleep in. No frig or microwave but a lot of places to shop or eat near. Also local delivery. Only one fairly rude front desk person on day 2, she didn't seem to be too concerned about a couple of guys I saw just standing around in the ramp, she said "A concert had just let out, if I ever felt uncomfortable security would walk me to my car." Just look suspicious to me but I guess turned out to be nothing. Otherwise, check out and everything went smoothly. I would stay here again, in a nice location.

Room Tip: Nice place to stay alone or as a couple, good location.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Minocqua, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Had a great Wednesday-Saturday stay. Impressed from the start. Anita checked us in, she was incredibly friendly and welcoming. Gave us lots of area dining info.

The room was nice, updated with very comfortable pillows and bed. We had a great city view from the 17th floor. The only negative would be the small bathroom, but there was another vanity area right outside so it worked.

The Club Lounge was nice as well. The staff there was very friendly. Good assortment of breakfast items as well as a nice sweet in the evening.

We occasionally visit the area to see family but this was the first time we stayed downtown. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor on the east side will give you the best view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Ulm, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Crown Plaza. We had tickets for a show in the theater district and this hotel was within walking distance - we took the skyway to our show and the sidewalk on the our return. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. After returning from our show we stopped in the Krona and Jim at the bar took great care of us. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple