“My second visit was as good as my first.”

Crowne Plaza Northstar
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed May 14, 2012

It's been almost 3 years since I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar. Since then the construction down the side street has been completed so the traffic flow is very good now. The hotel is as I remembered it. Generous size rooms and right in the middle of downtown. Better than the last Minneapolis hotel I stayed at. It was May so the temperature was quite nice in Minneapolis so no need to use their Skyway although it is quite convenient.

The location is great if you want to go shopping since all the stores are only blocks away. There are also quite a few good restaurants also within walking distance. Tried out a very good seafood restaurant called Oceanaire that I would definitely recommend. It is only a few blocks away. Also tried an excellent steak house, Manny's, which I would also recommend and it is even closer than Oceanaire.

The rooms were up to my cleanliness standards and everything in the room was working properly. The TV's and programming were updated since the last time I stayed which is nice. The Krona bar and grill continues to be a good place to wind the day down. Service there is very friendly as I remembered.

Front desk staff was also very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 7, 2012

This hotel is located within an easy walk or very quick taxi of anything you could want to do downtown. The rooms are very comfortable. The only downfall is the lounge area is pretty small but it is an easy walk if you want more active nightlife. I would definately stay here anytime I go back to downtown Minneapolis.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank elitesol
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stayed here for only one night on business. The room was very spacious, and the "sleeping" portion of the room seemed updated, nice flat screen, nice comfortable bed. It was nice there was a bathroom with pedastal sink and then another sink in the room in the portion where the closet was. The bathroom seemed to be older, in terms of tiles and updates, but it was very clean and well maintained, so no complaints.

The location is perfect as there are a lot of cool restaurants and bars in the area, the fields are also a short walk or train ride away.

Another tip is to take the train from the airport downtown. Quick and $1.75! No need to rent a car, pay for parking, etc.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza Downtown before, but this trip was especially wonderful thanks to fantastic customer service from the hotel desk staff. Anita chatted pleasantly as she checked me into the hotel, and she upgraded me to a lovely corner room! She also gave me complimentary breakfast coupons, recommending her favorite choice. I've always enjoyed the Crowne Plaza, but this professional, yet warm and engaging, interaction really made my day!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Northstar for 4 nights mid April. The hotel is well situated for the Downtown business area and is a short walk (2 blocks) from the light rail that takes you to the airport or a little further, to The Mall of America.

The hotel is clean and welcoming and my room was perfect, good large comfortable bed, big TV and good sized bathroom. There is plenty of storage space, good coffee making facilities and an iron and board if needed.

I used the bar (Krona Lounge) most evenings to unwind after work, as you do! The bar staff are good but Jimmy is the man. He is superb at his job and always has a good story to tell, about anything. The atmosphere in the bar is of a good local, where you get regulars mingling in with the guests and having a good time. I also ate at the bar one evening and the steak was perfect, just cooked as I ordered it.

I took breakfast here each day in the 7th floor restaurant. The food there was good too, with a generous selection. The star there is Yatta, she is fantastic and keeps the machine oiled and has a nice morning chat with you.

I also met the 'famous' Anita on reception, a lovely lady, very helpful and anxious to help you.

It's nice to see a hotel doing things 'right' in what seems like an effortless way, this can only be achieved with good staff and management. I met the management team too, at a wine tasting that was held in the lobby. A nice friendly bunch of people.

If I'm back in Minneapolis, I'll be staying at Crowne Plaza Northstar.

Room Tip: Most rooms are high due to it being built on top of their car park, so noise shouldn't be an iss...
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Amita changed our crazy, hectic day into a good and relaxing evening by providing us with great customer service. She answered all our questions and help us with anything we needed and with a smile. I would definitely come back with service like hers.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel several times and will continue to stay there when we travel to Minneapolis. The staf is always very friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The skywalk is just an added plus!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManager618, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Northstar, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

I am so pleased to hear that you and your wife continue to be pleased with our hotel. We are very fortunate to have the team that we do. Throughout the hotel, our associates are committed to an excellent guest experience. We have an outstanding Housekeeping department that consistently delivers very clean guestrooms. And you're right...the Skyway is an added plus! Our building, the Northstar Center, actually had the first skyway in the city. It connects us to the Baker Building that is located across 7th Street. There is alot of wonderful history tied to our hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.