I stayed here for 4 nights whilst I was in town for a conference over at the Marriott. I selected this hotel based on the price point - it was an excellent deal as compared to other downtown hotels. The rooms were also very large and you could tell everything was fairly new. It's great to have free Wi-Fi, and the breakfast is nice, but I would prefer consistency in the cooked breakfast - some days there was nothing that I could eat, other days it all looked delicious!
Why this property gets a "3" falls in to two areas: Location and Service
1) The hotel isn't very visibly marked from the street level, and you enter via what appears to be a somewhat empty building and/or parking garage. I purposefully did not stay out after dark as the set up didn't really look that safe to me. There are 3 or 4 elevators that you can take to get to the hotel lobby, which is on like the 8th or 9th floor (over an apartment building I think). Be careful on the elevator you chose to use each day, as during the morning commute you can literally stop on every floor of the apartment building going down - it's worth it to wait for the one hotel express elevator. The location is on the outskirts of the downtown - still on the Skyway and very walkable at street level, but you do need to allow 10-15 minutes to get to your downtown destination.
2) Service overall was poor - When I arrived on Monday the air con in the hotel wasn't working (and it gets humid in MSP!), and I had to wait to check in, as one guest was complaining about their room smelling like smoke and another had improper room charges. When I finally got checked in all was well, although housekeeping entered my room even with the "Come back later" sign up, and I got a check-out bill after one night, when I was supposed to be staying for 4 nights!
All in all, I chose this hotel for price, and wasn't disappointed in that regard. It was a perfectly decent, family-friendly, clean hotel within walking distance of the light rail and downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newly renovated Hyatt Place, perfectly situated in downtown Minneapolis. Following the recently completed $20 million dollar transformation, guests will enjoy a striking new lobby, 213 luxurious suites, meeting facilities, pool area, workout facilities and a brand new restaurant and bar. Connected to the cities iconic climate controlled Skyway, you are mere minutes away from the Convention Center, expansive shopping options, amazing restaurants, and vibrant nightlife. You're within walking distance to the home of the Minnesota Twins, Target Field, location of the 2014 MLB All-Star game. You're also a short walk to Mall of America Field, home of the Minnesota Vikings. Located less than three blocks away from the revolutionary Hiawatha Light Rail, you can travel easily to and from the MSP International airport as well as the world renowned Mall of America. A short stroll to the Mississippi waterfront is home to the Mill City District. Rich in history, the area boasts fine dining, striking views of Saint Anthony Falls, gorgeous parks, and extensive walking and bike paths ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Minneapolis
- Comfort Suites Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Embassy Suites