Pros: The size of the rooms. I loved the living room area and the large bedroom.
The breakfast was excellent and had a nice variety.
The fitness center has newer equipment that worked great.
The location is great for walking to downtown entertainment.
The front desk staff were great to deal with when I addressed the issues we had (see below). Even with those issues I would still stay here again and would recommend it to others.
Cons: Our room was never cleaned. We did have our "Do not Disturb" sign out until noon (which is also the check out time). However, when we got back at 4:00, it still wasn't cleaned. A housekeeping supervisor did stop by about 6:00 to ask if our room was cleaned and then two housekeepers stopped by about 6:30. At that point we were getting ready to leave for the evening and didn't want the disruption.
Heat: We could never get the room to heat above 69 degrees. An engineer came up to our room twice to look at it. The second time he said he'd see if there were other rooms to move us to. He never came back. Not a huge deal...just an inconvenience and slightly uncomfortable for us.
Parking: I was under the impression that we'd be charged the $20 each day we asked for an "in and out voucher". We never left the second day but were still charged the $20 (it is $17 for 24 hour parking if you don't leave). Just clarify this when you check in and don't have them add the parking until you need a voucher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newly renovated Hyatt Place, perfectly situated in downtown Minneapolis. Following the recently completed $20 million dollar transformation, guests will enjoy a striking new lobby, 213 luxurious suites, meeting facilities, pool area, workout facilities and a brand new restaurant and bar. Connected to the cities iconic climate controlled Skyway, you are mere minutes away from the Convention Center, expansive shopping options, amazing restaurants, and vibrant nightlife. You're within walking distance to the home of the Minnesota Twins, Target Field, location of the 2014 MLB All-Star game. You're also a short walk to Mall of America Field, home of the Minnesota Vikings. Located less than three blocks away from the revolutionary Hiawatha Light Rail, you can travel easily to and from the MSP International airport as well as the world renowned Mall of America. A short stroll to the Mississippi waterfront is home to the Mill City District. Rich in history, the area boasts fine dining, striking views of Saint Anthony Falls, gorgeous parks, and extensive walking and bike paths ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Minneapolis
- Comfort Suites Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Embassy Suites