“Dump”

Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Richmond, California
“Dump”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2009

Staff are thieves--had stuff stolen from my room. The hotel is run down and the elevator is glacially slow and burning hydraulic fluid.
The rooms have a knights inn/super 8 quality--brick bed, sponge pancake pillows, walmart nylon bed spread and walmart u-bolt-it furnishings.

There are nicer hotels in the area at the same or slightly higher rate. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank bemidjigreen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2008

I stayed at this hotel when I had knee surgery at the University of Minneapolis. They made sure I had a room on the ground floor, next to the microwave and the ice machine. The bed was very comfortable and there were 4 great pillows. The staff was for the most part very helpful. The free shuttle took me to my appointments every day. I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — nearness to University of Minnesota Hospital and availabilty of free shuttle to hospital
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2008

We were meeting up with some friends from Sth Dakota and wanted somewhere close to Amtrak station. This hotel was fine for the purpose. We arrived around 9am and were able to check in straight away. Check-in staff very nice. Our friends had arrived the day before and advised us not to have the breakfast. We spent all day out and checked out very early the next morning so really only spent a few hours in the hotel. There is a guest laundry which we found handy as we had been a couple of days on the train and the rooms were certainly very comfortable. I was not expecting very much and was pleasantly surprised.

• Liked — Guest laundry
  • Disliked — Apparently breakfast not good
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank molletts
Spring, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2008

The staff was very friendly. The hotel itself was old (could use a remodel), but clean. The internet worked fine. Good location for those needing to attend events at the University of Minnesota.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Old Building
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank John_Civil_Engineer
Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2008

My wife and I stayed here while our daughter's team competed in a basketball tournament held at the U of M Williams Arena. The motel is conveniently located about 3 blocks east of the University. It has plenty of free off street parking, a bonus in an urban area. This is an older motel that caters to the "non-premium" market. We knew that ahead of time. They seem to get a number of people who are being treated at nearby University of MN medical facilities and the Shriner children's hospital.

The staff were efficient and friendly. They offer local shuttle service, though we didn't use it. We also didn't try their continental breakfast.

We requested a non-smoking room and got a room on a non-smoking floor. The elevator smelled like tobacco smoke on the way up and the room also smelled of tobacco, especially the bathroom. I'm not sure if someone was bending the rules by smoking in the bathroom or if the odor was coming into the bathroom by way of the ventilation system. I was not able to log onto their free wireless internet after several tries.

As a motel it's inexpensive and convenient, but lacks any ambiance whatsoever. Skip the "Bakers Sqare" restaurant located nearby, it needs a very good cleaning.

• Liked — Convenient location and free parking
  • Disliked — Smoke odor in non-smoking room
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deepwoods

Travelers are raving about these Minneapolis hotels

St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2008

This hotel is in a great location. As a solo female business traveler, I felt very safe walking the 2 blocks to some nearby restaurants and a market. The college campus is nearby so the area has a college town feel. Many business travelers seem to stay at this hotel, with many of them interviewing for medical school, residency, fellowship positions at the hospital. My room was quiet and I slept well. Some areas where the paint was chipped in the bathroom but overall a clean and decent place to stay.

• Liked — location and safe neighborhood where I could walk to get food
  • Disliked — old building
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank HollySTL
Cedarburg, WI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2007

My daughter and I stayed at the Days Inn while in the city for a campus tour at the University of Minnesota. We were looking for lodging close to the campus that was safe, clean and reasonably priced. The hotel met our criteria.

We didn't arrive until late, around 10:00 at night, and we checked out by 8:30 the next morning. The room was not as clean as I would have liked, but it was also not as bad as some other reviews I read; and my daughter said it was fine, which means it could not have been to bad. We felt comfortable in the room and the continental breakfast wasn't bad. The food selection was limited and the room too small, but with good weather we were able to sit outside, and it sufficed.

I wouldn't give it a strong recommendation, but we were able to get a very good price ($75) and it served our purpose. I would stay there again if I did not need to spend much time in the hotel. It was close to campus, but not quite as close to the Admission's building as I thought, so we still drove to the university's parking ramp for the tour.

• Liked — Price, Location (proximity to university and downtown)
  • Disliked — It had a general unkempt feel. Not dirty, but not clean.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family