“I was disappointed when I discovered too late that my hung...”

Days Hotel University Ave SE
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I was disappointed when I discovered too late that my hung to dry towels were taken and NOT replaced I ended up having to use a hand towel to dry off and dry hair. Other guests were extremely loud at 1:30am then heard the person that was in the room next door vomiting very loudly and hour later then again a half hour after that,nit sounded like they were right in my room!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
LeAnne L, Director of Sales at Days Hotel University Ave SE, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Annette P,

Thank you for providing critique of your recent stay. My sincerest apologies that you were left without towels during your stay. It will be immediately discussed with our housekeeping staff to rectify and provide additional training to avoid this oversight in the future. Please also make sure to alert front desk staff of loud or unruly guests as soon as possible so we may address it immediately. I'm so sorry you did not enjoy your stay and hope that we have the opportunity to show you that this experience is not typical in our establishment. Thanks again and I appreciate you taking time to provide your comments.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed June 13, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 11, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 10, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Over the last year this was my favorite hotel. I have spent over $3,000.00 dollars at this hotel in the last 6 months. The shuttle unfortunately is the only good thing left about it. This last 4 day stay has been awful. Housekeeping didn't refill towels, the breakfast has gotten chincier, the rates are going up and worst of all with my husband being in the hospital there, and they are the first recommended hotel for hospital lodging they took my hospital rate of $79 a night away and told me they were full. After I had already stayed 3 days, I went online and booked my same room for $193 for the night they are "FULL". So today when I went to re-check in they wouldn't let me talk to the Supervisor, they wouldn't change my rate back. So they obviously don't care about customer service or getting customers to come back. Very disgusted checking out tomorrow and booked a new hotel for the next 3 days I won't be coming back here anymore!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear lavalley264,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. My sincerest apologies you did not enjoy your most recent stay. The hospital rate did go up on January 1, 2014. The rate is still the most economical for the area in relation to the hospital. The night in question was a sold out night and you were provided the correct information. The fact that you were able to book through a third party online is something that was a technical issue and we are still looking at how the issue occurred. Once the reservation was made through a third party we, at the hotel, have no ability to change reservations or rates as you made an agreement with a different seller. It would be the same as getting a concert ticket from a contracted reseller and then going to the venue and asking for the discounted rate. Unfortunately our hands our tied when you book outside of a direct reservation. I know this is technical and unfortunately you were the caught in the middle, but it is why we advise all of our guests to book directly to avoid complications and allow flexibility in how we approach customer service. I hope that this helps explain the situation and we hope that you will take this information under advisement in the future when booking your hotel stays at our hotel or any others. I also do apologize that you were not provided a supervisor callback as it sounds like the supervisor on duty was unavailable to explain the matter to you at the moment you contacted the front desk. Any one of our supervisors would have been happy to explain the situation. Thanks again for contacting us about your experience and we hope this clarifies the situation.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I previously stayed here some 20 years ago. The neighborhood has changed (for the better) - but this hotel has not - old,worn out, tired- probably the same decor and furnishings from back then! Towels and sheets are dingy; ( guys - ever hear of bleach and hot water in the laundry?)the bldg needs a good steam cleaning everywhere. "Breakfast" was grim..(unless you like white bread and toast),breakfast room dingy and needs a good cleaning. Hotel WiFi was a return to the days of dial up modems - even email was extremely slow to load.(McD's nearby with better coffee and far faster WiFi!)

It is the most affordable hotel in the area and the only one available during my stay...will not return

Room Tip: affordable - that's about it
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
LeAnne L, Director of Sales at Days Hotel University Ave SE, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear FranMan55,

Thank you for your frank review of your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. We are in the process of renovating our rooms and we have about 70% complete at this point. My apologies you did not get to experience the upgraded room decor and furnishings. Breakfast is new line of breakfast outlined by Days Inn Worldwide and does include cheese omelets, hot oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, toast, coffee, and juices. We are currently working on a newer upgrade to increase our bandwidth for WI-FI in the coming months. Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your time. Thanks again and have a great day!