“Review of Minneapolis Days Inn” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Hotel University Ave SE

Days Hotel University Ave SE
Ranked #34 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Rapid City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

The location of this Days Inn is VERY convenient for any University visit. The front desk staff are genuinely helpful and sincerely friendly. Room was clean though obviously aged - possibly the smallest room we've ever stayed in - just enough room for the two of us to navigate. Comfortable bed. Would LOVE it if somebody would either invent a QUIET CLOSE motel room door or instruct guests on how to close a door quietly. Guest noise was the only noise encountered - decent night sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Grantsburg, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

My mom and I recently stayed at Days Inn due to an appointment I had at Abbot. The room was not very clean and the bathroom was very small. The air conditioner didn't work properly and we couldn't open the windows to let the breeze from outside in. We let the front desk know and they said it was to cold outside for the AC to work. Hog wash! I would never stay here again. I have had much better experience's elsewhere. And that's where I will go.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bethel, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

The property is an older one, but things are clean. The physical part of the property isn't the reason I will be returning though. Two gentlemen named Cory S and Mike are the all-stars that guaranteed I will use this hotel each time I am in town (monthly for the next couple of years).

Coming from the airport my plan was to take the train close to the hotel then call the shuttle to get me the rest of the way there. Due to construction, I was unable to get off at the stop I was supposed to. Got off at the next stop and called the hotel to come pick me up. The airlines had lost my luggage, I had to wait an hour at the airport to file my claim, couldn't get off at the stop I was supposed to, and now come to find out that the shuttle had stopped running 30 minutes ago. Frustrating! Mike answered my call and knew I was stranded. Cory got the shuttle back out and came to get me even though it was after hours. When I told Mike the cross streets where I was, he told me that I was not in a good area of town, and insisted he stay on the phone with me until Cory arrived. These guys looked out for me my entire stay, and I truly felt like they had my best interests and safety in mind. Both Cory S and Mike showed incredible customer service skills and guaranteed that this hotel will get my business from now on. I know theses guys will take care of me.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators, vending machines and ice machines. They are all very noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minneapolis
University / Dinkytown
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,119 reviews
Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown
#19 of 49 in Minneapolis
Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis Downtown (Convention Center)

Been to Days Hotel University Ave SE? Share your experiences!