“Service makes this place incredible”

Days Hotel University Ave SE
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Bethel, Alaska, United States
“Service makes this place incredible”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The property is an older one, but things are clean. The physical part of the property isn't the reason I will be returning though. Two gentlemen named Cory S and Mike are the all-stars that guaranteed I will use this hotel each time I am in town (monthly for the next couple of years).

Coming from the airport my plan was to take the train close to the hotel then call the shuttle to get me the rest of the way there. Due to construction, I was unable to get off at the stop I was supposed to. Got off at the next stop and called the hotel to come pick me up. The airlines had lost my luggage, I had to wait an hour at the airport to file my claim, couldn't get off at the stop I was supposed to, and now come to find out that the shuttle had stopped running 30 minutes ago. Frustrating! Mike answered my call and knew I was stranded. Cory got the shuttle back out and came to get me even though it was after hours. When I told Mike the cross streets where I was, he told me that I was not in a good area of town, and insisted he stay on the phone with me until Cory arrived. These guys looked out for me my entire stay, and I truly felt like they had my best interests and safety in mind. Both Cory S and Mike showed incredible customer service skills and guaranteed that this hotel will get my business from now on. I know theses guys will take care of me.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators, vending machines and ice machines. They are all very noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Willmar, Minnesota
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend to attend an 11 am Gopher football game. Being within one block of the stadium is a real plus for fans wanting a place to put their head. The hotel offered free parking until the end of the game (3 hours after check-out time) which was nice. Location and free game parking are the main reasons to say. Other than that, the room was very small. One queen bed with rather firm/hard mattress. Bathroom clean but barely room to turn around. TV old and dated (no HD here!). Carpet old but clean. Overall, a very tired room but, clean and sufficient for one night. Price is a bit high based amenities and conditions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minneapolis
Hampton Inn and Suites Minneapolis University Area
#10 of 49 in Minneapolis
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
#20 of 49 in Minneapolis

Been to Days Hotel University Ave SE? Share your experiences!