“basic”

Days Hotel University Ave SE
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
DULUTH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was a bit nervous about taking the shuttle to and from the U but your driver - Seth was so courteous and kind that he quickly put me at ease - he was on time and just a good and safe driver. I appreciate his warm and honest company - in my opinion, he is a model employee and great representative for your hotel.

I had accidently left my laptop briefcase in my room and didn't realize it till I arrived at home in Duluth - I was grateful for the assistance I recieved from the two front desk representatives - thank you for helping in this matter as well.

Dee Charles
UMD Department of Music

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

LeAnne L, Director of Sales at Days Hotel University Ave SE, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Delia C,

Thank you for such a wonderful note regarding your recent stay! I will be sure to pass along your comments to Seth and to his direct supervisor. The shuttle service is a huge asset to many of our guests as they can park for free on-site and have our shuttle drivers deal with the hassle of any traffic and parking in the area.

Also, I'm so glad you received you briefcase and it was handled quickly and efficiently. Please feel free to contact me at anytime should we be of any further assistance. Thanks so much and we look forward to seeing you next time you visit Minneapolis!
Milwa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

When you first arrive at this hotel you know this is going to be a horrible experience. You get these vibes from the poor staff (especially the General Manager - Debi Grant-Smith), dirty lobby and even dirtier rooms. You might think that you get what you pay for the accommodations, but what you don't anticipate is the lack of concern for the safety of their guests. The hotel is in the ghetto of the Twin Cities and during my two day stay there were several cars broken into right in front of the lobby. Talk about a false sense of security, they claim they have surveillance cameras all over to protect their guest but that is a lie as there are non or no additional security, in fact there is only one person on staff all evening and night. If your concern about cleanliness and the safety of your kids, I would definitely avoid the Days Inn on University Ave in Minneapolis, MN.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank frankMilwa
LeAnne L, General Manager at Days Hotel University Ave SE, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear frankMilwa,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I would like to address the concerns you've stated in your posting. Our location is across the street from the University of Minnesota campus. Thousands of students, professors, business people and families live and work in this neighborhood and while it is urban, it is as safe as any urban area can possibly be. We take the safety and security of all of our patrons and that of our community members very seriously and make every effort to address these issues. The city of Minneapolis has instituted the "Put your Junk in Your Trunk" program to educate visitors and residents on how to minimize risk of unattended valuables in your cars and in public areas. That being said, we make every effort to work with our guests and the police department in the rare event that may require police assistance. I'm sorry if you feel that it was not handled appropriately and we will certainly use your feedback in the future to be more sensitive to your situation should it ever arise in the future.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Minneapolis hotels