“good hotel for resonable money”

Days Hotel University Ave SE
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Berkeley, California
“good hotel for resonable money”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I visited the university, so the location was perfect for me. Price is lower than in University hotel (5 minutes to go). Rooms are good and well equipped. Breakfast is good enough (for me it was very sweet). Personal is responsive. It is very simple to go to the downtown - 10-15 minutes by bus. Bus stop is near the hotel. I can recommend this hotel and in future I'd prefer to stay there again.

Room Tip: I lived in the ground floor room - all was OK
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
LeAnne L, Director of Sales at Days Hotel University Ave SE, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Agapit76,

Thank you for writing a note to let us know your thoughts on the Days Hotel on University while visiting the University of Minnesota! I'm so glad to hear you had a great trip and we look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in town! Take care and hopefully see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Manitowoc WI
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Mike at the front desk was over the top promptly helpful. The first room did not meet our needs, and he quickly found one that did.

Brian and Cory on the shuttle service were fantastic. I watched them calmly accomodate extra needs from several clients, and they never lost a smile. The shuttle services are worth the price of the stay. There were many families of patients from the nearby hospitals and clinics who have been here often. They say this is their choice of hotel when coming for appointments.

Rose the housekeeper kept the breakfast area very tidy and our room appealing.

The hotel rooms need fresh carpeting or the current carpet stretched and tightenend. The cigarette smoke from smokers' rooms seemed to creep into our room thru the bathroom vent.
It was very nice to have a refrigerator and one cup coffee maker.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
LeAnne L, Director of Sales at Days Hotel University Ave SE, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thanks so much for taking time to tell us about your experience. I will pass along your wonderful comments regarding our service and discuss with our management team how we can improve the room experience for all of our guests. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time!
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed at the Days Inn Minneapolis/UofM for working a career fair at TCF Bank stadium (which is right across the street). Except for the major construction going on, the hotel was easy to spot ( I did have to go around the block to get to the right access way into the parking lot). Room was decent. The staff are great and very friendly to answer any questions you may have. I skipped the breakfast, as nothing was too appealing to me. Caribou coffee is a short walk away--as well as other restaurants (chains and MN favorites) since it is right on campus. For a great price, you get a nice stay! I would definitely stay again, if I am in the area near campus.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
LeAnne L, Director of Sales at Days Hotel University Ave SE, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Robyn G,

Thanks so much for your review! I'm so glad you took advantage of some of our area restaurants. We are proud of our neighborhoods' wide variety of diverse food choices to fit just about everyone's taste, budget, and style. All within walking distance!

If you want to explore Downtown as well on your next visit, just let us know and we would be happy to set you up with some great recommendations and complimentary shuttle service anywhere within a 3 mile radius! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
VA
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Pro: location by U and easy access to freeway, good breakfast with great staff keeping things clean and full, quiet, in-room fridge and microwave
Average: room was fine, front people were nice
Con: none really, but it is not a high end hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
LeAnne L, Director of Sales at Days Hotel University Ave SE, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear ArthurDG,

Thank you for taking time to write a review and hope to see you back at the Days Hotel on University soon. Stop in and ask to see LeAnne next time you visit, as I always love to meet our online reviewers in person! Thanks again!
CT
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I would like to thank the Days Hotel staff for the wonderful stay I had at their hotel. The hotel is situated near the university campus, which is a safe and beautiful area. The hotel itself is quite old but is VERY well maintained and I was always comfortable staying there.

The Days Hotel is not a 5-star luxury hotel but is rather a hotel that aims to achieve 1000% for the basics. In particular, the staff were incredibly professional and friendly, the room was always clean, there were strong electronic key card locks on the doors with an in-built electronic safe in the room, the bed was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was great.

I found the free breakfast to be perfect for my needs, with fruit juice, coffee and tea, toast with jam, bread rolls, waffles (fresh with waffle mixture and a machine), oats, FRESH fruits (apple and bannana), different kinds of cereals (cheerios, bran, frosties and another kind that I cant remember). I stayed for 6 nights and always enjoyed the breakfast!

The free shuttle service was brilliant and made transport around Minneapolis so much easier for me. The drivers were always EXACTLY on time for taking me and fetching me from the downtown area, which was very much appreciated.

One of the greatest aspects of the hotel is the professional staff. They were very friendly and helpful and should there be any issues, I am certain that they would do everything in their power to make sure that their guests have a comfortable stay.

I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time I am in Minneapolis.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
LeAnne L, Director of Sales at Days Hotel University Ave SE, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear bwil001,

Thanks so much for taking time to tell us how we are doing. I would have to agree that I think we have a pretty phenomenal staff, but it's always great to hear from others that have first-hand experience. Our convenient shuttle service is also a fantastic bonus and I'm glad you took advantage of it while staying with us. Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you again next time you are in the Minneapolis area. Take care!
Chicago
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great location, wonderful staff and super clean and comfy rooms and beds. The convenience of the shuttle was a big plus and the breakfast is perfect for us people always on the go!!! The faucet handle for the shower was a tad bit quirky but, nothing worth crying about. I enjoyed the place immensely and will be back for business and pleasure!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Days Hotel University Ave SE, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Derek V,

Thank you for taking time to drop a note about your recent stay! We always love to hear how we are doing and it's always an added bonus when we hear we exceeded your expectations! Thanks again and come back soon!
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great location, decent breakfast, clean accomodations, good price make this a handy place to stay in the city. What really makes it nice is the free shuttle that took us to the Guthrie Theater and Target Stadium. The shuttle will also pick you up before 10 p.m. if you just give them a call. When our student son decided to stay with us, our room was upgraded at no extra cost. The desk clerks were very accomodating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Days Hotel University Ave SE, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear uptraveller,

Thanks so much for your kind words and glad you took advantage of our convenient shuttle service. The next time you visit your son make sure to take the shuttle down to check out the scenic areas around the Stone Arch Bridge and the restaurants at St. Anthony Main. Come back and see us soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minneapolis
Hampton Inn and Suites Minneapolis University Area
#10 of 49 in Minneapolis
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
#20 of 49 in Minneapolis

Been to Days Hotel University Ave SE? Share your experiences!