“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here because it was so close to the University of Minnesota's football stadium. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean (extremely important!!). The atmosphere was fun with all the tailgating outside. Prices were very reasonable. It was nice not having to think about finding parking - just a short walk to the game!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Barcelona
Reviewed October 17, 2011

After a very bad experience in Chicago, with a 240USD hotel, we visited the Campus University where our daughter is studying. The hotel is very confortable, nice people, shuttle every hour and very reasonable price.
regards from Barcelona, Spain

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I stayed here last October and decided to come back because it was close to the concert we wanted to attend. This time the rate was jacked up because of "freshman orientation" happening and I couldn't even use my Wyndam employee discount. Anyway, I was fine with that until we got our room. The beds were run down, no bed skirts so you could see the nice big giant brown stain on the side of the mattress, and the dirty dusty job the housekeeping left behind. I work at a hotel, so I'm not the pickiest person, but this hotel room needed some help. The shower also needed repair badly, as the floor of the tub had a weak spot that you had to stand directly on, and would sink in and creak.
When we arrived back from the show, we were relaxing in our room....what do we see running away from us behind the night stand and the bed? Cockroaches. Yes, cockroaches. I am not making it up, we tried to kill them but they escaped into some hidden place! Needless to say, it was hard to sleep the rest of the night thinking about critters crawling around on you. When I checked out the next day, I mentioned the cockraoches to the desk clerk, she told me "I'll make a note of it." Seriously? If this would have happened at my hotel, not only would I give a discount, but I would care just LITTLE bit more. Not the best customer service skills on the planet. I don't know what happened to this place between October and now, but it seriously has went downhill fast. I am not comming back, and I am writing this terrible review because I'm sorry, nothing was done about anything! I work in this business and I was sad to see this happening. The only good thing that the Days Inn has going for it is the Tea House next to them and the free shuttle service. But not worth it. We paid $89 plus tax for this terrible room, when we could have went to the Ramada for around $69 with my discount. Epic fail on my part! **Will be uploading pic of stained mattress as soon as upload it from phone.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank azureglow
chianpad, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel University Ave SE, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Traveler:

I’m sorry to hear about your most recent stay at our hotel. Please be assured that we strive to do our best to accommodate all guests that check into our hotel with the utmost guest service while providing a quality stay. I understand that you stayed during a busier time of the year for us as it seems to have been during the state fair season and student move-in on campus. You are correct in that our rates fluctuate depending on availability and events that are going on around town and on campus like most other hotels that are conveniently located on the U of MN campus.

In regards to your “Wyndham” employee discount, I’m sure you know as a Wyndham employee, it must be booked ahead of time prior to your check-in along the proper reservation channels in order for us to honor it. I do want to personally apologize for the condition of the room and this matter will be looked into immediately as our standards for our guest rooms are a lot higher than what you experienced. In regards to your incident with the bugs in the room, I am just curious as to ask if you informed the front desk right away as to the situation versus wait until morning so that we could take care of the matter right away. To possibly move you to a different room for example so that no guest would have to go through the experience you had to endure for the entire night. I can assure you that we have not had any recent experiences in relation to the bugs that you saw in the room and rest assured we do perform preventative maintenance done by professionals in the entire hotel so that we do keep incidents like yours from ever happening.

I would definitely like to hear from you so that we can keep things like this from happening to any other guests that stay at our hotel but would need more information so that we can take the preventative measures as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact the hotel so we can discuss this matter more. Thank you for you time and thank you for staying with us.

Travelers are raving about these Minneapolis hotels

Greendale, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We came to drop off our son to College and decided to stay here because of the price and location to the campus. When I went online to investigate, I saw they offered a standard room and an "executive" room for a little bit more money. I called to find out what the difference was and was told the executive rooms had been recently remodeled. I decided to pay the extra. When we arrived and got to our room- we were disappointed. It did appear that the room had gotten newer furnishings and wall paper but the small bathroom had a very distinct musty smell. My son went to take a shower and the handle of the faucet came right off in his hand. Free breakfast is always a nice perk but the seating area is much to small and cramped. It was very busy and I had to sit at a wall counter with another gentleman eating almost facing me a foot away.
All in all it's a clean place and is certainly at a low price but next time we come up we'll be

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank hoefs5
chianpad, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel University Ave SE, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Dear Traveler;

I wish to thank you for staying here at the Days Hotel. I do have to say that I am disappointed to hear about the situations that occurred during your recent stay with us. In regards to the room condition, I can certainly have that looked at as to the cause of the odor that you noticed. As for the bathtub faucet, I do realize it may be difficult to use as it is not your traditional handle you would find elsewhere. I also want to thank you for letting us know your thoughts on our recently renovated breakfast room. We appreciate all our comments in regards to this recent renovation and have received positive reviews on this matter.

I would like to get in touch with you regarding this stay with us so that we can properly address all of the issues you have informed us on. We look forward to providing a great place for all of our guests to stay and everything noted here will go a long way in helping us achieve our guest service goals. Thank you.
Mapleton, IA
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Booked this hotel a month before a wedding and ended up leaving after one night. The whole hotel is outdated and in BAD need of renavations! The elevator made so much noise I was worried it would stop working as we went to our room. Once in our room we found old outdated bedding and wall paper on the walls pealing in many spots. The carpet was coming up in spots and looked very old and dirty. The beds had some sort of stains on the matresses... looked as though it was blood, not small stains either. The bathroom was so tiny you hardly had room to turn and close the door. Same for the sink area which seemed really out of place and tiny. If you stay here do not plan to have much privacy as there really isnt room in the bathroom to dress and the sink area has no curtin or door. We checked out first thing in the morning cancling our 3 day stay and we were not even asked why. Guess they dont really care...or know its that bad one or the other.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank dapa4por
chianpad, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel University Ave SE, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear Traveler,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with us here at the Days Hotel. We take pride in our ability to provide a good experience and accommodations for all our guests that check into the hotel. The matter of the room conditions that you describe will be looked into immediately. About the sink area, most of our rooms have been made to accommodate a separate vanity area from the actual bathroom and shower itself. I am sorry to hear that the team member that checked you out in the morning did not inquire as to your stay.

I would like to hear from you personally in regards to this recent stay so if you would like to contact us, that would be great. We highly value all of our guests opinions and feedback from each and every one of their stays and I hope to hear from you. Thank you.
Oneonta, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband had an interview in Minneapolis so we decided to stay here for the price. The room was spacious and clean. No bed bugs or pests! The bed was very comfy and we fell asleep quickly. The AC worked as did the shower. My husband enjoyed the breakfast, (waffles/bagels etc) My husband got lost due to construction on the way to his interview so he turned around and came back. The hotel called a cab for him and gave us directions and answered any questions we had. Overall, great stay I would recommend if you are in the area you stop by!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SierraDM
Kansas City
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The staff is wonderful. They have a free shuttle bus downtown which is so convenient. They allow dogs which we really appreciate. The hotel is very clean. A free breakfast is provided each morning - great! The hotel is right across from a pizza restaurant which has happy hour every evening. Great location! Great value! We love this place!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minneapolis
Hampton Inn and Suites Minneapolis University Area
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
#21 of 49 in Minneapolis
The Commons Hotel
#10 of 49 in Minneapolis

Been to Days Hotel University Ave SE? Share your experiences!