“Poop-eyes”

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
Ranked #955 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I actually like Popeye's but this location is awful. The employees are incredibly rude. The last time I went was today. Very short with me when I was ordering and rude by talking over me when I was trying to speak. I called to make a general complaint and the manager Daniel wanted me to give him a detailed word for word transcript on what happened. I told him that I was just in the drive-thru and the girl that took my order was incredibly rude and that I didn't appreciate it. All I wanted was chicken. That's it, I didn't go there to be snapped at by this girl and her bad attitude. I know customer service and service industry are hard work because there is so much to do but when I come at someone correct I expect them to come back at me that way. I told the manager that I did not have time to discuss the experience at length because I was driving and that I simply wanted to tell him that if he was trying to run a business, this employee is working against his efforts. He sounded like he could not care ANY less about my complaint. Lastly he told me I should stop by. Buddy, I wasted my time in the drive thru to be waited on by a horror employee, I decided to leave after placing my order because I did not trust the hositle employee preparing my food, and then call him to simply let him know the generalities of the situation. Yet, he has the audacity to tell me that I should take more time from my day to stop by and talk to him. Ridic. This place needs to get it together and I have already told my friends not to come here. It's not worth it unless you're a confrontational person and enjoy negative interaction or you are a masochist who likes to be crapped on. If not, then stay far away. The previous visit I had I actually did eat and the portions are too small, chicken was not room temp.
**From what I could see there is no outdoor seating so I chose terrible on this review just so I was able to submit it so that rating does not apply. Popeye's spots don't have bars either.

2  Thank Erica L

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I love Popeyes Chicken in Omaha NE. We went to the one in Minneapolis on Lake street and couldn't wait to get home and eat. HORRIBLE! Very greasy and dry chicken with almost no seasoning on it at all. The chicken legs were the size you find in a wing basket and the rice and beans were weirdly 80% sauce. No napkins were included in the bag either. Never again.

1  Thank Sunrize6
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I went to the drive thru and asked for a 2 piece white checken dinner combo asking to please make sure it was "hot" as last time I recieved a luke warm meal. I also ordered the shrimp dish. When I arrieved tp pay I asked again, "please make sure it's hot". I paid my $11.19 for both meals and ate a shrimp (hot and crispy) then touched the chicken (both pieces) and said, this is cold, could I please get hot chicken. As he hemmed and hawed I ate a few more shrimp pieces and then he said no, that's all we have. Asked for the manager and she came and said, "we do,n't have special orders". I said it wasn't special, I just wanted hot. I pu the whole basket back on the counter and said, forget it, I want my money back, they refused my request. Last time I go there and I've told all my friends that used to like that place. Chirch's Fried Chicken, where are you. Cub on every Monday has 8 piece Fried Chicken for $4.99 that is as good or better than Popeye's, and way more for the $$$.

2  Thank Rob A
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This is the only Popeyes I know of in Minnesota and we do love their chicken. This is a strange franchise though. First off, it's in a kind of seedy area and you don't really feel safe there, but it's ok to get out and order chicken. Second, they don't participate in any Popeyes specials, they do not accept Popeyes coupons and they do not even accept credit cards. Employees speak very limited English. That being said, it's still the delicious Popeyes Chicken I've had in other states, and the biscuits and red beans and rice are to die for... which keeps up going back (with a trip the atm first, of course), whenever we are near downtown Minneapolis. If you go, know the location is a little shady and be sure to have cash to pay for your food. We always get it to go...and it's always good :-)

2  Thank flowerladytoo
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 23, 2009

There's nothing like Popeye's spicy fried chicken for tasty fast food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook