“Real deal”

Pineda Tacos
Ranked #691 of 1,855 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I'll keep this short and to the point...
Service is always friendly and fast.
The food.... Hands down best Tortas (take it from me I'm a gringo who has been given the nickname Tortas by all of my Mexican friends) in fact all the food is crazy crazy good (this is assuming you like and can tolerate real Mexican food.
I'd like to point out there are two or three more locations around town. The one I actually go to is on Robert st in West St Paul. That location has actual seating and is in a much less intense neighborhood if you're more accustomed to the suburbs. It just happens to be the closest one to me. I did however get my start on Pineda tacos at the east Lake st location a good 15 years ago and still sometimes go back for nostalgia.
End result? I think everyone should eat here.

1  Thank Steven S

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Great authentic Mexican food---just like south Texas. No ambiance, but you go there for the food. Reasonable to cheap prices for what you get. Good flavors. You choose from many different meats to put into your dish. I like the spicy ones----spicy but not too much. Also a salsa bar to get your own salsa, lime, cilantro, jalapenos and onions. Order at the counter and wait about 2 min for your food. Get your soda and table while you wait. I like coming here when I this area of town.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great food at Pineda.
Love the chimichanga, tacos, tacos bravo.
Steak with onions, carnitas, chicken - all awesome.
Lunch time favorite - multiple times per week sometimes!!

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Pinedas is one of those places when your looking for quick cheap Mexican to-go style food.

The food is good and cheap (around 10 bucks for a torta and a soda). You order at the counter and food is ready in two minutes. The only problem is it looks cheap in the sitting area and it kind of ruins the experience. But for food alone Pineda s is a winner!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We first tried Pineda Tacos a few months ago, and it has now become our weekend tradition. We have enjoyed everything we have tried, but we especially like the corn tortilla tacos. We have tried each of their different meats and all have been great, but we especially enjoy the chicken in green sauce and pork in green sauce. Each taco comes with two corn tortillas and their prices are very reasonable for a combo. The guacamole is also very good.