“Great Mexican restaurant”

Dominguez Restaurant
Ranked #281 of 1,828 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My family and I have been to Dominguez countless times. It is my children's favorite restaurant. The kids menu includes both Mexican and American fare, however my boys will always choose the burrito or the tacos. I usually have the fish tacos (fresh, spicy and very flavorful) and my husband the fajitas, which are brought to the table on a steaming plate. Portions are generous and prices very reasonable. Service is ok. Definitely a good neighborhood restaurant.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Dominguez Restaurant has wonderful Mexican food and is very reasonably priced. They are family owned and the service is delightful. I spend at least 2-3 months a year traveling in Mexico and their food is very traditional. My litmus test for Mexican restaurants is first the salsa(s) and then the chili relleno. Both are impeccable! They have one of the best green avocado salsas I have tasted to date. The ambiance is enchanting, with beautiful Mexican decor. Need I say more?

2  Thank travelspirit_13
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My favorite place for tacos. on the back of the menu, you can get 3 authentic style steak tacos for 7 bucks. Just corn tortillas, steak, onion, and cilantro. It comes with this spicy green avocado salsa. THE BEST!!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My family makes Dominguez a regular venue for Mexican food. The service is excellent and the wait staff has great memories for your "usual" orders and allergies (if you have any). This is truly a family restaurant and they consistently prepare good food. This neighborhood restaurant is the place to go for really good and authentic Mexican food. Enjoy!

2  Thank BillM462
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My friend Lou is guardian to several children of a half-Mexican family. The pater of this family approves this place, and two of the sons count it as their favorite restaurant in Minneapolis. So when she offered to take me there tonight for dinner, I jumped at the chance. It did not disappoint. I had tilapia enchiladas and a side of chili con queso. Lou had a sizzling platter of tilapia and shrimp fajitas (I am allergic to shrimp, alas.) It was all very satisfying and delicious. Authentic? How should I know, I have never been to Mexico. I will trust the experts on this one. The ambience is pleasant and cozy. The service is faultless. You should go there.

1  Thank deborama