“Don't waste your money!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Bar, Pub, American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went in on Sun Afternoon,(after giving the place a rest for over a year for previous food & service issues) food was overcooked & bland, wings which were good sized & meaty had sauce (good sauce) poured on them, not tossed, Italian fries were burnt & dry, the Tuna Melt had a thin layer of of tuna mix on half-cooked dry bread, & the fries might have been good if they were more than half-cooked. Our server she was nice (the bartender) only came to check on us when it dawned on her, mind you there were only 12 people sitting at the bar and the manager was sitting at a table two behind us, never asked how we were doing.. We wont be back!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Saintsdoc1

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Horrible staff.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Food is delicious, my whole huge family loves everything on the menu. For bar food, better than average. We don't even mind that the place seems disorganized and slightly dingy most of the time.

What we can no longer overlook is the poor and rude service. Waitresses, bartenders, managers....they all need to learn to care about customer service. The service has always been bad for years but the food always made it doable. Last night was the worst experience by far yet and we didn't even get to eat. We ended up leaving after being there for 15 minutes, at least, without a single person saying one word to us. They didn't even look at us and acknowledge us whatsoever, although we walked right by a waitress (and I use the term loosely) standing at the hostess stand!

We've always been able to withstand the poor service, rude wait staff and management, even the automatic charges they make on patron's credit cards for gratuity that they say exists, but if we can't at least partake in the delicious food? That's taking it to a whole new level of low.

I hope someone reads this from that place and actually cares enough to make a change for the better. I've lived here my whole life and I know a lot of people in the community who feel the same. Believe me when I say, I will be spreading this around town to as many people who can listen. I don't think anyone who is not a regular there and deemed special enough to warrant attention from the staff, will ever want to put themselves through that experience.

Sad, very sad.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pilar R
Minneapolis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Didn't know I gave a $7 tip?!?!?!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2009

There service was decent. The manager was actually very attentive (almost to a fault). The food was ok. The drinks seemed a little expensive. Our bill came to 19.38 and I paid with a card whilst leaving $3.50 in cash, however, upon checking my bank account they charged the bill at 23.38. I'm like "WHAT?!?!?!?!" I did NOT give them a $7+ tip! I've had this happen at other places and I will REFUSE to go back to them.

1 Thank vbking7
Minneapolis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I had a great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2009

I had a great experience at Tailgate. Everyone at my table got what they ordered, liked it, and thought the service was more than adequate. We will definitely be going back again.

1 Thank MinneapolisMel99
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good neighborhood hangout - fun trivia games at night. Actually haven't eaten there - food looked uneventful and...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2008

Good neighborhood hangout - fun trivia games at night. Actually haven't eaten there - food looked uneventful and typical bar food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook