“The eggplant salad is amazing...”
Review of Zakia Deli

Zakia Deli
Ranked #260 of 1,812 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Expertly prepared Mediterranian cuisine, served in portions that would make your mother happy - eating healthy to satisfy your tastes and your wallet! Friendly interior seating & summer patio.Family owned and operated, est.2007
Fort Myers, Florida
“The eggplant salad is amazing...”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We received a Groupon as a gift to Zakia Deli and dined here today. The coupon was good for two daily plates and two sodas. We tried different items. All were prepared perfectly, but our pallets did not necessarily agree with the taste profile. The reason we give Zakia Deli a four star rating is because when we return the meal of our choice will be the gyro platter with two sides of the cold eggplant salad. The eggplant salad is spectacular. You want this on your plate. If you are sharing, one portion will not be enough. The gyro meat was excellent. I had the freshly baked (in house) bun with my dish. The buns are so fluffy and wonderful. For dessert we enjoyed a chocolate covered rice crispy bar. So tasty. The staff is five star friendly and helpful. You feel welcomed. The setting is small with tables and bar seating along the window. Parking is plentiful in a safe area. You park next to the door. Easy access. This was a nice surprise and we look forward to our next visit.

• Visited May 2014

Roseville, Minnesota, USA
“Like Garlic? You Will LOVE It Here!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Zakia Deli is tiny, but they are big on flavorful food. The basics are Greek in origin--but Greek unlike any I've had, with big chunks of garlic present in nearly every entree or side dish.

Fish out those hunks o' garlic, though, and you'll get delicious food for a ridiculously reasonable price. Last Friday, my husband and I had lunch there for under $20 for a gyro and a huge serving of fish, with two side dishes and a big glass of fresh, real lemonade.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Michele D
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“You had me at hello.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I take home food from Zakia whenever I am in the area. I love the people whom work there, and the food is lovingly prepared. Hard workers. Beautiful food. From sandwiches to entrees, I am happy every time.

• Visited February 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Great Mediterranean food”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have added the last and final star to this place just because every time I go there, no matter what I have, it's just tastes great!
They could use some more space though. At lunch time the place can get crowded and the line of people goes virtually across the dining area...

Note for Israelis and Israeli food lovers: You will find some very familiar stuff here like Falafel, Tabuli, Tahini, Baklawa, Humus salad (not Humus paste) and others. All is excellent! The Tabuli is always fresh and tasty, the Tahini is one of the best out there and the Falafel is pretty good too. The Gyro is not exactly Shawarma but still very good. Try it with the cucumber sauce too!

• Visited April 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Good Food, Low Price, High Service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This gem is out of the way, and is tucked away in an industrial neighborhood. They server primarily the lunch crowd from the surrounding businesses. I wish I worked nearby! The food is authentic Lebanese cuisine and is delicious. I bought extra kibbe to bring home to enjoy the next day. The hummus is good and the stuffed cabbage was the best I've had in a good while. The atmosphere is a bit thin, but the quality of the food is way up there. I will go back there. Promise!

• Visited April 2013