“As the tour operator I´m so happy that my guests always love this hotel”

Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We, the Swedish tour operator Christer´s Resor (Christer´s Tours), have used Normandy Inn many years for our groups. We have had groups in Minneapolis for many years since 1994 for Swedish Heritage tours and tried many hotels. Since we "found" Normandy Inn we always stay here. We, and our guests on every tour, have been very satisfied with the friendly staff, the clean and spacey rooms, the central location, the big indoor pool area and the restaurant.
Best regards
Christer Kullberg

• Stayed: July 2009

Reviewed August 3, 2009

The staff were all very friendly and very helpful with the shuttle taking us to the Twins game, and marking a map for us when asking about other directions. Also very handy to everything downtown. The room was clean, comfortable, and plenty of space, and the rate very good. (Plus the cheap $7 parking for the day/night and free internet.) Warm cookies and milk an added plus after a long day of traveling!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2009

The room was nice and a good view of south Minneapolis. Location was good for taking in game at the Metrodome. Parking was $7. Multiple entrances to sections of hotel not clarified by staff, had to figure out on own. Otherwise WOULD stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2009

I recently took a tour of several American citites: Minneapolis, Minnesota, Denver, Colorado, Salt Lake City, Utah and lastly San Francisco, California with my son, Jeff.

From a standpoint of meeting our expectations the first and last did that given I required a separate room for my son with a pull-out couch for bedding. All the hotels were able to do this in some form as they promised prior to arrival, although the Burnsley in Denver and The Crystal Inn in Salt Lake City had to make alterations to accomodate us once we arrived much to our chagrin.

Anyway, based on a composite picture alone, the best hotel of our trip was the Normandy Inn in Minneapolis; the room was like an apartment unto itself with the bedroom where I stayed in far removed from my son's pull-out couch in the living room. Further, for hotel food and value, the first thing that entered our minds when we arrived and dined at their restuaraunt was how "un-hotel like" the food was. One could never get this kind of fare on the East Coast for this type of money and further the bartendress and bartender - Rachel and Tom, respectively - were so accomodating and engaging that we could not pull ourselves away from their company long enough to do all the sight-seeing in the brief time we had there.

Thank you as well to owners/managers Mike and - I belive her name was Bonnie - for being so accessible and hospitable in such a quaint inn in the middle of a major metropolitan city.

John and Jeff Bailey

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed July 15, 2009

We stayed in this hotel while driving cross country en route to Vancouver BC. The African American woman at the front desk was downright rude and seemed even bothered to have to check us in. Our room was musty smelling and very outdated. Our attempt at turning on the air conditioning was a failure since it blew out hot air. I called the front desk to explain the problem and they said they would give us another room. I went to get the keys and the new room had the same problem. I called again and they said it isn't broken but the air doesn't get very cold. I asked for a refund so I could take my family elsewhere so we wouldn't die from the heat but we were told they could not do that. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Especially if you're traveling in the hot summer months.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank pinapopper
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We found nothing to fault with this hotel. Our room was large and comfortable with good facilities. A fridge would have been useful though.
The hotel is in an excellent location for enjoying the attractions of Minneapolis.
We enjoyed the nightly home-made cookies and milk.
Thre front desk staff were always very courteous and helpful.
There is a lot of space to sit and relax in the public areas of the hotel.
Access to the Internet in the lobby was very useful.
We would defintely return.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2009

My friends, family, and I stay at this hotel about once every other month. The hotel is in a perfect location, its right downtown!! The rooms have always been perfect and comfortable. The front desk however has always been terrible, every single time. We have only continued to stay at this hotel because of the location. This will absolutely be our last stay. The front desk staff have always acted as if we were an inconvience by checking in. I would love to acknowledge a staff member who went above and beyond, unfortunately every time we have stayed we have incountered terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible service. Every stay the front desk has been very rude and negative. We stay in hotels a lot and this hotel is the worst at customer service.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends