“Clean and Reasonably Priced for Downtown”

Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Ankeny, IA
“Clean and Reasonably Priced for Downtown”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I recently stayed at the Best Western, picking it for the price and location, as was there for a concert at the Target Center. It was about an 8 block walk and was a comfortable distance. Most hotels closer were much more expensive. The outside didn’t lead me to high hopes, however upon entering was greeted with a warm inside, and well decorated. The staff were helpful and friendly, particularly in the restaurant and lounge area. The Normandy Inn had decent food, a bit overpriced, but the waitress and her expertise, kindness and knowledge of the local brews and wines did the restaurant much justice. I would definitely stay here again if needing to stay downtown in Minneapolis.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julie N
Jeff J, Manager at Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments posted on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Normandy Inn and dining experience at The Normandy Kitchen Cafe & Bar. I was extremely happy to read your comments on how well your server was knowledgeable and kind. We hope you have a chance to visit us again and if going to a concert at the Target Center be sure to catch our complimentary shuttle for a ride!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I really like the interior decoration which gives the feel of a medieval castle..

Their gym, pool and sauna facilities are amazing. They have a bunch of board games in the common room that can make you feel really cozy right by the fireplace in the cold wintery weather of Minneapolis..

Another sweet perk is the complimentary milk and cookies they give out at 11 pm everyday.

Their cafeteria food is really oily though. :-) The room service was excellent and the staff were quite nice as well. They let us check in earlier even though they didn't have to... My best western points are also loading up..

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank santhoshsuresh
Thank you for selecting Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites on your latest visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis! It was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our interior design, fitness center, pool area, friendly staff, complimentary milk and cookies and room service from The Normandy Kitchen Cafe & Bar. One correction for our readers would be that we serve our cookies at 10pm. I also question the cafeteria comment as we have a fine dining restaurant? Overall, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again at The Normandy Inn!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Cookies and milk in the lobby every night, free shuttle service to convention center, and incredibly helpful and courteous staff put this hidden gem over the top. The rooms are very clean and the food at the restaurant is good. The best part is the staff, can't say enough great things about everyone we met!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Gigi F
Jeff J, Manager at Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for submitting your very positive review on Tripadvisor! It is very nice to hear that our friendly and professional staff was able to take care of all your needs. We also appreciate the positive comments about our cleanliness, cookies and milk, complimentary shuttle service and wonderful Normandy Kitchen Cafe & Bar! We hope you get a chance to come visit us again in the near future!
Londonderry, Ohio
Reviewed October 16, 2013

When I first saw the outside of the building, I was a little concerned with what I would find inside. However, from the moment we stepped inside I was impressed with the cleanliness and friendly attitude of the desk workers.
Our room was on an upper floor toward the back and was very clean, quiet and had very comfortable beds and pillows. We had a small coffee maker in the room which was on our large bathroom vanity, however, there was no outlet there to use to make coffee. I moved it to our tv stand/dresser to make coffee everyday. It was no big deal- just a little inconvenient.
The pool area was a wonderful bonus at the end of a long day. There is a pool, whirlpool and sauna, with a restroom and shower area nearby. The hotel also provides free milk and cookies late in the evening in the lobby which was another nice touch!
The hotel provided free shuttle service to the Convention Center where I was attending a conference. I really enjoyed the service and the friendly drivers! This will definitely be my first choice hotel when I am staying in the area again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank lmonroe
Thank you for selecting Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites on your latest visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis! We are glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff, clean and comfortable guest rooms, pool area, shuttle service and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and milk! We are glad that you will be choosing us on your next visit and we will be happy to provide our superior customer service and accommodations once again!
Yardville, New Jersey
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in October. We were in town for a Vikings game. We had an early flight into Minneapolis and arrived at the hotel around 10:30am and were pleasantly surprised that they had a room available for us. Reception desk employee Shane was very friendly and helpful with making suggestions as to what we could do while in Minneapolis. Room was very clean, bed comfortable. Dinner and breakfast at the Normandy was good. Great location to Metro line and walking distance to Metrodome and city of Minneapolis. Will definitely stay here again when we come back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jodi H
Thank you for selecting Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites on your latest visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis! It is a pleasure to hear that Shane at the front desk was very accommodating and that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms, great location and fabulous Normandy Kitchen Cafe & Bar. We appreciate your positive feedback and we hope to be of service to you again at The Normandy Inn in the near future!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have spent 3 nights in Best Western Plus. I had a reservation for a king room but by the time I check in they ran out of king rooms so I got a free update (thank you Best Western desk staff!) to a suite. That room was even bigger than my one room-one bedroom apartment, with a fridge and microwave oven.
Pros:
I really enjoyed sleeping here, it was really quiet even though my room was facing a street in downtown. There were additional comforters in the closet in case you feel really cold in Minnesota winters.
Location-wise, it is 5 blocks away from convention center, 3 (or 4 ?) blocks away from Nicollet Avenue, 1 block away from the closest skyway entrance and 3 blocks away from the light rail station.The city is safe in general if you are planing to walk to the hotel at 9 pm. However, if you will visit Minneapolis in winter, its distance to skyways may be a problem.
I am obsessive about the cleanliness of towels and linens. Best Western plus passed my examinations!
Iron and ironing board in the room: a small but an important detail.
Luggage storage works really professionally, they tag your bags and keep them in a locked room.
Free USA Today next to the water dispensers.
Wi-Fi was pretty fast.

Cons
Cookies and milk are consumed in about 15 minutes. They advertise that service heavily, so I wish they had abundant supplies.
There are not a lot of power outlets in the room as the building is old. I had to sacrifice my room phone and clock to charge my cell phone and computer.

All in all, staff was helpful and I enjoyed my visit. This was a nice hotel for its price. I can recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Horizontal_Sleeper
Jeff J, Manager at Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for selecting Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites on your latest visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis! It was a pleasure reading your very informative and detailed review. We appreciate all your positive comments and hope to see you again soon!
Altadena
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great location near our conference and local excellent restaurants. Clean, comfortable, charming. Staff friendly and helpful. Restaurant adjacent had both well prepared comfort foods and interesting chef's selections. Great coffee, too. A great value, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janet F
Thank you for selecting Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites on your latest visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis! We really appreciate your excellent comments about our location, great value, friendly staff, cleanliness and Normandy Kitchen Cafe & Bar! We hope you get a chance to come visit us again soon so we can provide you with another superior lodging and dining experience!