1,505 results
All reviews cookies and milk filtered water pool area free shuttle shuttle service an older hotel pool and hot tub convention center within walking distance king suite few blocks twins game comfortable beds ice machine downtown area great place to stay front desk staff
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Only stayed one night, since I arrived in Minneapolis for a conference, so we got a discounted conference rate
unfortunately the room was booked late and had to spit the stay between two hotels, and so we booked this for 1 night and the second hotel the remainder of the conference. So did not stay long enough to give in depth comments, just a superficial overview...
The hotel is an easy walk from the train station that comes from the airport (stop nicollet mall)
so that was quite convenient.
Arrived at the hotel, and the staff were nice. The receptionist asked if I minded being changed rooms from one with two queen beds to one with a king bed.
I said that was fine, I had a separate room with sofa, TV, etc in addition to the one in my bedroom, and a small "kitchen corner" as shown on the website, my room looked just like the pictures, and everything was spotlessly clean. This hotel is a few mins further from the convention centre than the second one I ended up staying in, which was connected by skywalk, But they did also offer a shuttle service, which although the distance was walkable, I think this would be necessary once it gets colder. Individual heating and temperature control in the room, which i think is pretty normal in this part of the world. so the room was a comfortable temperature.
Spotlessly clean.
Only fault I saw with the room was that there was coffee in the room, but could not see any milk anywhere (if I was staying more than one morning would have requested, but rushing out the door early in the morning I did not have time to ask, and had coffee with my breakfast in the restaurant)
breakfast was ok but could have been better, the food was a bit too greasy for my liking.
Overall was quite happy with the hotel, clean, spacious, and reasonable value.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Ms_Vasco_Pyjama
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights while watching the Twins play baseball. Excellent location. Once we parked that was it, the truck didn't move again. Who ever recruited their staff deserves a bonus as everyone from the front desk clerk, waiters, cleaning crew, to the bartenders were top drawer. The room was clean, quiet, + the beds comfortable. Downtown Minneapolis is safer than downtown Winnipeg, MB. We will be back!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is my second stay at the Normandy Inn. It is in the heart of downtown with easy access to everything. We stayed there'd for an event at the University of Minnesota. Other guests were there for the Twin Cities Marathin, US Open Racquetball championships at the Target Center or a Vikings game. We also walked 4 blocks to the Nicolette Mall for shopping.
The staff is so friendly. The parking is in the back and only $7. My favorite touch is the warm chocolate chip cookies served with mild in the evening. There was a longer line for that than I've ever seen at other hotels Happy Hours. There is a pool and hot tub enclosed under a plexiglass roof so it seemed as though you were outside, although the temp was better!
My only nit picky complaints were the scratchy toilet paper and somewhat hard pillows.

Room tip: We had a room overlooking the pool, so it w like looking at a pleasant outdoor garden.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank jillpickle23
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were looking for a hotel in the downtown area that was nice but affordable and The Normandy was a good fit. It's location allowed us to walk to nearby shopping and restaurants and the hotel also provided a free shuttle to the Twins game only 8 blocks away. It's an older hotel with a classic decor. We found it charming. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank theYooperGirl
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed five nights recently at this charming hotel. It has clean, lovely rooms and superior, friendly staff. Very comfortable beds & pillows. Pool and hot-tub were very nice.

Dined at the Normandy Kitchen restaurant attached to the hotel (was once a speakeasy!). Delicious food & great service.

Transportation to & from the Convention Center was a wonderful perk.

Highly recommend!!!