Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites
$89
$161
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$115
$109
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Northstar(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$102
$179
Hotels.com
Nicollet Island Inn(Minneapolis)
$209
The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$152
Snelling Motel(Minneapolis)
$90
Hotwire.com
1,431 results
All reviewscookies and milkfiltered waterpool areafree shuttleshuttle servicenice poolan older hotelconvention centerpool and hot tubtwins gamefew blocksking suitewithin walking distancedowntown areaice machinecomfortable bedsfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed 4 nights here in June with a friend and couldn't find one flaw with this place. The staff is more than friendly and willing to go out of their way to assist. I called ahead since my friend and I split the reservation and asked if we can stay in the same room. This was taken care of by the time we arrived and we received a courtesy call in the morning that our credit cards were properly switched.

This is by far the best bargain downtown, immaculate rooms, a nice pool and hot tub, and a very convenient location. It was a few blocks over to the bars/restaurants, a short 10-15 minute walk to the riverfront, and for a business traveler an easy walk to any office building.

If I find myself in Minneapolis again I will be booking my room here.

Don't miss the milk and cookies every night!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2011

The only hassle was finding the car park enterance which required a few circles of a one-way system. Check-in was mercifully swift and although the hallways and front desk are a little gloomy there's a bit of character in the mock-lodge effect. The gloom can certainly be overlooked when considering the price. This place is a bargain.

The location is great, only a few block's walk to Nicolette Mall, a little further to the train stations and right across the street is a Skywalks enterance in case the weather is bad. We stayed during a Twins' game and it seemed the hotel puts on a shuttle for fans going to the game which is a nice touch. The staff throughout were kind, polite and helpful.

Our standard room was spotlessly clean and housed a king bed which was huge. There was plenty of space for luggage and enough rail space to hang a few day's clothes. Free Wifi was great and the TV service was fine, the TV itself being a decent sized LG. The office desk and chair would make the room ideal for a business traveller. Bottled water was delivered to the room daily which was welcome although the coffee making facilities were in the bathroom which although odd, wasn't the end of the world.

The only let down was the bathroom. Clean and well-appointed, there was nothing missing, it was just tiny. Impossible for two people to use at the same time, even just to brush teeth. The over tub shower was hot and powerful, but having space to get dried would have been nice.

Food at the Hotel is provided by The Normandy Kitchen. Having been only for breakfast I can say that it's a nice place to be but that the food was only average and perhaps a little overpriced. Probably why it was empty at 8.30am.

We didn't use the indoor pool facilities but they appeared clean. This may be a nice are for families to use but it seemed a little odd placed in a large sun room between two wings of the hotel.

All in all the Normandy Inn was a great base to see Minneapolis, and much cheaper than the competition. I don't see any reason to stay anywhere else next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Two queen beds probably means less usable floor space
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The best thing about this place was the location, close to Nicollet Mall and downtown restaurants and shopping, and at a reasonable rate. But it's also a nice place to stay.

It's huge, occupies an entire block, and obviously has been around for a while (since 1941, I think). The lobby and indoor spaces all scream "grand old downtown hotel" with paneling, a grand piano, fancy tile floors. But the exterior is very motelish - two stories, outside done up in what I guess is supposed to be Normandy country style with stucco and beams, and a big parking lot ($7 to park), so it doesn't have the claustrophobic feeling of a lot of old urban hotels. The rooms are normal comfortable modern rooms with nice decor. Room had everything I wanted except no refrigerator.

No free breakfast - you buy it in the restaurant, which was quite good, and a bit pricey, and also had that 1950s elegance vibe. I had bacon and eggs, with an English muffin which was awesome, thick and solid, not like the ones you buy in the grocery store. Service was leisurely paced, fitting the venue, but not very good if you're in a hurry to get going (I wasn't).

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I spent one night at the Normandy on business. The staff was very helpful and my room was large and well maintained. I wasn't sure what i was going to get for the price, but i was very satisfied. We had a nice breakfast in the dining room before heading out. The next time I have business in downtown Minneapolis, i would stay at the Normandy again. Also, the hotel was very close to lots of great restaurants!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two night in late August for a short, city getaway. We were guided to this hotel from the good reviews and reasonable price. Having been disappointed in hotels and resorts before, it is always an inside-joke kind of adventure when we go away and take a "chance" on a hotel where we don't have first hand recommendations. We were both very pleased with the location, price, and cleanliness of this hotel. We arrived much earlier than check-in and were able to quickly enter our room. The room was spacious and had a nice view of the indoor pool and hot tub. The hotel was quiet at night, and was conveniently located near a train stop and other tourist locations.
The only down side was that our air conditioner didn't pump as much cold air as are used to at home. Since we were only staying two nights, and weren't that bent out of shape about it, we decided not to complain. We are sure that, even if we did, they would have taken care of the problem. Another slight down side we had is more personal in nature and not the fault of the hotel. Liking a late night snack when traveling, there weren't many convenience stores within walking distance that would have provided a cheap pint of ice cream or pack of cookies. The was a Walgreens within about a 10 minutes walk from the hotel, but neither of us felt like "just seeing" if it were open late at night. There were snack and drink machines in the hotel, but for people who like to eat on vacation, they really weren't hitting home.
Overall, I would stay here again (and bring my own snacks!).

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple