“wonderful pretzels”

Aki's Bread Haus
Ranked #12 of 40 Bakeries in Minneapolis
Cuisines: German
Reviewed August 5, 2017

I come here frequently and am never disappointed! The small, unassuming exterior boasts and interior filled with affordable breads and baked goods with exceptional quality.
The service and staff are lovely and the pretzels are definitely a highlight: best I've ever had, except at Hofbrauhaus in Munich.
If in the area, it is a good idea to visit for a coffee and pastry, or perhaps take home a loaf! :) There is limited seating inside and coffee available.
However, it is a small shop and would not be good for accommodating a large group.

Reviewed June 16, 2017

Authentic pretzels, breads, streusel, rolls, cookies, and broetchen to eat in or take out. Enjoy a cup of coffee and a apple streusel and relive your vacation in Germany. I bought half baked pretzels to go and took them home for my freezer. I pull them out for a special treat. Just rebake for 5 minutes and you have an authentic tasting pretzel.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

The pastries, pretzels and bread are all outstanding, the prices are almost absurdly low and the staff is very friendly. Possibly the best bakery in Minneapolis.

Reviewed April 24, 2017 via mobile

Very authentic German pastries and breads. We enjoy going for a cup of coffee and something sweet and then taking home a loaf for something hearty later.

Reviewed February 9, 2017 via mobile

Read an article about this bakery and it intrigued me as there are no such bakeries near me. I made it a point to visit this business and was not dissapointed. I purchased a Sicilian loaf to try at home. WOW... Amazing what I have been missing for 18 years. This is what artisan bread smells, feels and tastes like. Just a fantastic loaf of bread. I need to be careful how I eat this as I do not want to "scarf" it in one sitting. Will definetly return and try the other treasures in this Bread Haus. Thank you Aki's!