“Finally, Good authentic Malaysian Food after so long”
Review of Chindian Cafe

Chindian Cafe
Ranked #501 of 1,812 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Minneapolis
“Finally, Good authentic Malaysian Food after so long”
Reviewed December 6, 2008

Had an enjoyable authentic Malaysian Food for lunch in a clean and pleasant environment with my wife and 2 kids. Owners and staff welcomed us and made us feel very at home. We had authetic kway teow goreng and nasi lemak. The symbal chilli was really good and the kway teow was tasty. Miss the good,delicious and familiar food we had in Singapore.
Price was reasonable and we will definitely be back again to try other food.

Minneapolis
“Great Food! Great Atmosphere!”
Reviewed November 20, 2008

ChinDian has the best Asian Food in Minneapolis. A small friendly cafe, close to Dinkytown and the NE Arts Scene. Chef Nina Wong and her husband, Thomas Gnanapragasam, have a created a unique blend of foods that celebrates the Chinese and Indian heritages that each of them brings to their cafe. The food is FANTASTIC and the Ginger tea is outstanding. Take home a bottle of Ginger Syrup and make Ginger Tea at home or pour some Ginger Syrup over your pancakes or ice cream. Unique and wonderful!

Minneapolis
“Extremely slow take-out service”
Reviewed August 14, 2008

I called tonight for take-out. After placing my order, I was told that it would take a moment for my food to be ready. I interpreted "a moment" as 15-20 minutes, which is the usual turnaround time for take-out orders at most places. So when I arrived 20 minutes later, I was surprised when I was told again that it would take a moment - especially when I saw (the kitchen is open) that they hadn't even started cooking my orders yet! There were only 3 tables of diners at the restaurant, so it certainly wasn't because they were extremely busy. I finally got my order 40 minutes after I made the initial phone call, and nobody - not even the owner herself who handed me my order - bothered apologizing for the delay. Needless to say that I will never come back again. If you want take-out in a normal amount of time, do not call this place!

1 Thank GuillaumeZau
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“An eclectic selection of...”
Reviewed February 8, 2008

An eclectic selection of dishes from Chinese, Malaysian, and other Asian cuisines, all very reasonably priced and well-made. Good carrot cake too (and I don't generally care for carrot cake).

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook