“So much fun!”

Escape MSP
Ranked #3 of 37 Fun & Games in Minneapolis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Clocks, locks, and secret passages. You and your team are locked in a room with 2 objectives, find hidden pieces of evidence and escape the room within 60 minutes before your cover is blown! To win you must use your wits, teamwork, and a little bit of luck!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed August 4, 2015

I went with a group of interns as a team bonding activity and we had an absolute blast! We did the "James Bomb" option and I was impressed at the complexity of clues and puzzles we found (and solved!) during our hour in that room. It was definitely worth the money, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

All reviews
in 120 reviews
"clues"
in 142 reviews

Reviewed August 2, 2015

Seven family members took up the challenge "James Bomb". We came really close to solving it before time ran out, but not quite. We had completed a similar challenge in Milwaukee a few weeks ago with a different scenario. This is about teamwork and thinking logically. Give it a try! Don't try to arrive early; admittance is only 15 minutes before your challenge begins. But it's near Culvers and Red Lobster in Golden Valley so a meal before or after the challenge works well.

Reviewed July 31, 2015 via mobile

I surprised my spouse with this trip when we visited Minneapolis. He is a big fan of mental exercises so this was right up his alley! This was unlike any experience we've ever had. We did Mr. Dupree's office! The staff was quite funny and kept in character the whole time. The hour went by quickly as we looked for clues and tried to solve the puzzle and we got to know the people in our group very fast. Very fun to see the light bulbs go off in people's heads as they figured out the clues. My only complaint is a few of the clues were very difficult to get even for a group of brainiacs!

1  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed July 29, 2015

I came here in a group of 10 (5 couples in our late 30's). We had an amazing time! We did the James Bomb Scenario. We went out for drinks/apps afterwards and the guys in our group couldn't stop talking about it...what they should have done differently, etc. It's like you are in a real James Bomb movie. You have 1 hour to look for clues all around the room to find hidden keys to deactivate a bomb. Your hands are originally handcuffed behind your back, so it could make things a bit difficult. However, we were able to find the key to our handcuffs within the first couple minutes, so we lucked out! Our time ran out before we could deactivate the bomb. We only needed about 2 more minutes:( I highly recommend this activity to anyone (teenage and above). My colleague is already signed up to go with her family b/c I raved about it so much. It was a blast! We plan to come back when they get a third room set up as well.