“Wonderful birthday dinner!”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,793 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Brazilian, South American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 7th St. S
Description: We are an authentic Churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse) from Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil which features superior service, unrivaled cuisine and a unique dining experience.You will be pampered by our authentic Gaucho chefs who come to your tableside to carve a variety of succulent meats right off their skewers. Our featured meats have been slow-roasted over an open flame and lightly seasoned to preserve the unique taste of each tender cut.Adding to our unique dining experience, you will be treated to a sumptuous, gourmet salad and vegetable bar featuring over 30 items including imported cheeses, cured meats, fresh vegetables and more. We complement your meal with traditional Brazilian side dishes such as caramelized bananas, crispy polenta, seasoned mashed potatoes and our world-famous cheese bread (pao de queijo).No meal is complete without trying a refreshing caipirinha, something from our award-winning wine list or one of our decadent desserts
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Wonderful birthday dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went for our son's 13th birthday dinner. Everything was outstanding. The salad bar is the best I have seen in the Twin Cities. Great variety - all was super fresh and delicious, great salad recipes. The variety was fantastic - including all kinds of salads, salad ingredients and some warm side dishes. I know this restaurant probably does not need a 5 star review but I want to give it anyway, it was so good. Next time I may skip the meat and just eat salad bar.. Some of the meats were outstanding,and the servers were extremely nice to our son. Be careful not to get too much of one cut of meat - you may not be able to taste everything. I personally recommend to stay away from the ribs. The Filet mignon was oustanding. People who like their meat well done may have some difficulties getting that for every cut of meat but they were very accomodating. Even though they gave my son the discount for 12 years and under and a free dessert for his birthday (very generous of the restaurant) it was the most expensive bill the three of us had ever had in a restaurant, I have to admit, we had Caipirinhas.... Very pricey but worth it.!

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Kent, Ohio
“great dining option for carnivores”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

While visiting Minneapolis recently for a conference, my wife and three of our colleagues had dinner at Fogo de Chao. Having had a good experience with a large group at the Austin location this summer, I was looking forward to another good experience in Minneapolis, and we were not disappointed. The large salad bar is better than that at the other Brazilian steakhouses we've dined at, with a nice selection of meats, cheeses, and salad items. The star of the show, though, is the 17 meats that pass by your table in a continuous parade, and they are excellent. Moreover, the servers are adept at cutting portions of the proper doneness, and will return with specially requested items. The only downside for the chain as a whole is that we'd really like to see some green veggie side dish options, and the only downside to this dining experience was the waiter attempting to upsell me on wines (seriously, you can't recommend a malbec under $70?). Overall, though, a great experience.

• Visited October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
“Lamb is fantastic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

All you can eat buffet.. both salad bar and grilled meat are wonderful. Lamb is especially fantastic. If you were to go for dinner, expect it be a full house. The serving of lamb is SLOW... but you can specifically ask the waiters to serve lamb to your table.

Visited October 2013
Omaha, NE
“Birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Wow, what a great restaurant. I took my wife here to celebrate her birthday and it was outstanding. If you are a meat lover you will absolutely love this place. Highly recommend and we come back again and again and again. I could go on and on but come and try it yourself.

Minnesota
“Amazing meat!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

the meat here is A-maaaazing! they just keep coming around and around with differant cuts of meat.. it's actually hard to keep track of what you have already eaten.. because they have special wait staff who just run around.. looking for green cards on tables to get meat too.. I think if there was some kind of system to it.. it may actually be better, I didn't want to fill up on the same meats.. I wanted to try it all at least once till I have another one second. anyways.. the salad bar was amazing.. I didn't really like the potatoes that came with the main meal.. or the bananas and the "bread" stuff.. that stuff wasn't anything to write home about at least? also.. the tables are super close together.. I didn't like that. it always seemed like people were just flying by.. annoying. But the meat is amzing and it's all you can eat :) we have a desert too for my fiance's birthday (little disappointed that i made reservations saying it was for a birthday and they didn't already just bring it out..) the desert was VERY good! :)

• Visited September 2013