“Disappointing”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,800 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Brazilian, South American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 7th St. S
Description: We are an authentic Churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse) from Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil which features superior service, unrivaled cuisine and a unique dining experience.You will be pampered by our authentic Gaucho chefs who come to your tableside to carve a variety of succulent meats right off their skewers. Our featured meats have been slow-roasted over an open flame and lightly seasoned to preserve the unique taste of each tender cut.Adding to our unique dining experience, you will be treated to a sumptuous, gourmet salad and vegetable bar featuring over 30 items including imported cheeses, cured meats, fresh vegetables and more. We complement your meal with traditional Brazilian side dishes such as caramelized bananas, crispy polenta, seasoned mashed potatoes and our world-famous cheese bread (pao de queijo).No meal is complete without trying a refreshing caipirinha, something from our award-winning wine list or one of our decadent desserts
Wisconsin
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Let me start by saying that the service was great. They all were helpful and polite. The salad bar was good and had a lot of choices. The reason I think this is only average is because of the quality of the meat. For the price I expected more, not choices, but quality. The biggest disappoint was the Filet Mignon. It should have been called "beef tenderloin" as I don't think it was of Filet quailty (I had to trim fat from it and it was tough). This is not a cheap place, but we pay similar prices at other steakhouses so we knew the price going in. If you are looking for a good Filet try Murrays a couple of blocks away.

• Visited December 2012

• Korean first
Tioga, North Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wife loved it”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Wanted to treat my wife to a fun weekend . We went to dinner here and she really enjoyed the food and the dinning experience.The food was wonderful and the service was fantastic . She was very impressed with the whole thing. This was my second time there and her first. We left truely satisfied , money well spent !

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Linda F
Winnipeg
“Meat Meat and more Meat”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Not sure if I would go back for a dinner but for lunch yes yes yes. I think it is over priced for dinner especially when I have to go to a buffet for my salad and sides.

I must give five stars to our waiter - he saved the day...I forgot my credit card in the bill fold and as I was leaving he ran outside and found me!! Thank GAWD many hugs to you!!

• Visited October 2012
Saint Paul, MN
“Wow...”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a great place, if you like meat, and like to over eat. I like meat, but I didn't love the meat, it was average. I also can't eat that much, so it was way to much money for what I eat. Having said that...it's a great price for those that want quantity.

Visited January 2012
MN
“It is pricy but a tasty neat experience.”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I go here for many special occasions. My husband do isn’t a big fan of most red meats frequently finds himself craving their lamb. The restaurant is not cheap, but you get an experience - an all you can eat one - and a tasty dinner.

It’s based off a Brazilian concept and when they opened they said most of the staff was from Brazil. I think a lot of them still are. You get a salad bar with the dinner (or you can order just the salad bar) and you will start with that. It’s not your everyday salad bar there is lots of odd things up there to choose from. I am a iceberg lettuce person so I don’t eat much off the salad bar. You get a coaster that is red on one side and green on the other, when you are done with your salad you can flip the coaster to green and waiters will start stopping at your table….carrying huge cuts of meat they shave off for you.

There are some chicken and pork options. Most of the meat is steak, lots of different cuts. They also have lamb. The waiters will keep coming unless you flip your card. It can be a bit odd, once you have tried things you will know what you want more of and you’ll want your card to be green because you want more of X cut, but Y&Z cuts will still stop at your table all eager to serve you. I like that my husband eats none stop and will try most things so I just leave mine red and when someone starts cutting him meat, I will grab some if it is what I want.

You get sides, fried bananas, mashed potatoes, and something else. Dessert is extra and so are drinks. The desserts are good.

Hint, you can ask for any cut they have at any “doneness” and if you are not seeing what you are looking for, let any staff member know which cut and how done you want it and before long a man will come around with the meat you were looking for. The staff is pretty nice and they will start to learn what you want and stop by whenever they have it.

Visited August 2012