“Great venue”
Review of BANK Restaurant

BANK Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
BANK Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 1,862 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Marquette
Transit: Nicollet Mall Station
Description: This Modern American restaurant is retro glamorous and modernly comfortable as it retains the existing millwork and character of the circa 1940s Farmers & Mechanics Bank building. The bank lobby turned restaurant is vast, impressive and ideal for both formal meetings and casual eating. Modern American Cuisine means more than just dining: BANK Restaurant is about savoring, experiencing, sharing, relaxing and connecting - an experience that is entirely in the hands of our guests. Whether you're relaxing with colleagues over happy hour in our plush lounge, or creating your own cocktail at the communal table with new friends, BANK Restaurant is the perfect spot to reconnect and refresh. Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3pm - 6pm Local Residents: Present ID and Enjoy Happy Hour Pricing ALL DAY Sunday
Reviewed March 3, 2013

A friend of mine was visiting for business and staying downtown, so we decided to walk over to BANK from the hotel. I had been there previously for happy hour when it first opened and I'm really pleased with how BANK has evolved since then. The venue is still gorgeous - tall booths, history and character, beautiful decor, etc. and while I was initially a little concerned because there were many open tables, I let that go and thought it would good to try again. Really happy I did. I suspect lots of restaurants were less populated the evening/week when we dined because it was in the middle of Minneapolis Restaurant Week.

For an appetizer, we shared the shrimp/melon/prosciutto plate and it was amazing - delicious sauce and lots of shrimp. My friend had the caesar salad and I had the beet salad. The beet salad was fantastic, even without the honey ricotta I asked them to hold. For the main course, my friend had the risotto which he thought was great. I had the scallops which were beautifully cooked. In hindsight, we probably would have been full after the salad and appetizer courses but the full meal was great. I did not try the bread that came before the meal, but it looked very fresh and hearty.

Service was very good. My tea was never empty and they were prompt with drinks. We were not rushed and we had a lovely private booth. I would definitely dine again at BANK. My recommendation would be to also use Open Table to book your reservation because the night I selected, BANK was a 1,000 point venue.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had an industry-group gathering yesterday that ended up at Bank. There were about 20 of us and we crowded around a section of the bar. The setting is very unique and even though the restaurant was pretty busy, we had plenty of room. The appetizers were fantastic.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Loved Huevos, a very healthful version that I had twice! The pot pie is fresh, healthful version that was also wonderful. Great dining room as well!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had a wonderful meal at the Bank. The food was outstanding, very tasty, presentation was great and the service wonderful. And to think that this hotel was an old bank building, wonderful preservation job. An enjoyable evening prior to a play at the Guthrie.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Loved the farm to table menu options. It is absolutely a place to linger. I have visited for happy hour and other events since. Always a pleasure.