“Great place.. excellent rooms, food, atomosphere and staff...”

The Westin Minneapolis
Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great place.. excellent rooms, food, atomosphere and staff...”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Excellent staff, great food. Be sure to bring your work out clothes and swim suit for the stainless steel pool and hot tub... Very Clean Hotel. Staff remember your name and welcome you back... and go out of their way to make your stay comfortabel. That includes all staff .. from the GM to the waiters. The Bank bar always seems to have a great night life, if that is what you want.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank uplandbirdman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Westin Minneapolis with our 16 month old daughter. From the moment we pulled up to the hotel, the service was outstanding. Our accommodations were what you would except out of a Westin, luxurious yet inviting and comfortable. The staff in the restaurant was top notch, even going out of their way to make sure my daughter was happy and enjoyed her food. The front desk staff was very helpful with directions and information about the city. Staying at the Westin made our vacation very enjoyable for our whole family.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Overall, this is a perfectly nice hotel. No major complaints, but at the same time, nothing stands out as wonderful. The lobby is incredibly dark. I understand it shares space with the restaurant and bar, but still. The front desk is also behind the restaurant, so quite a walk from the front door, and not entirely intuitive. Only 2 check-in desks, which means you may have to wait. Business center is open, between the front desk and the elevators. Makes for a very modern and sleek appeal, but could be loud if the restaurant is full. Rooms are pretty average, good amount of space with updated features (modern bathroom, nice furniture, etc). I personally hate the "heavenly bed." All polyester, with an incredibly thick blanket and a sheet. If you want something in-between, too bad. The pillows are also very hard. A couple places where the hotel does earn points. It's very clean and well maintained. The food is probably the best hotel fare around for this class of hotel. For those who don't bring their own hairdryer, the Westin has a real hairdryer (new, and not attached to the wall), with the removable concentrator nozzle; this is a big plus for me.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 18, 2010

My best friend and I booked the hotel through hotwire for our five day vacation, but that's no good reason to treat paying customers like leaches.
It still didn't quite ruin our vacation, but it did not live up to it's so-called prestige and class.

It's a beautiful hotel, where everything is hideously over-priced
mainly because it's just a beautiful hotel. I guess beauty, in every facet of life, truly gets you what you want.

The staff was nice enough, except the woman who denied our request for a room with two beds.
An eleven floor hotel doesn't have a double room available on a Thursday night? Is there a stock show in town down the street packed full of Methodists?

She told him that we could try and "maybe check back Sunday to see if a room would open up."
We arrived on Thursday night.
That's sure a long time to wait for a double room, when I am sure I saw housekeeping cleaning a newly emptied double room on Friday morning.
I know it was empty because we held the elevator for the family leaving it, luggage rack and all.

Housekeeping was alright for most of our stay, save the lack of fresh towel stock. I asked her to leave us a few more towels, and she didn't. The complimentary water was missing half the time, and the temperature cannot go below sixty-five degrees.

The shower water was frigid, lukewarm at best, the first few minutes of every shower I took. I understand they're a big hotel, but is everyone showering at every hour of the day?

The view was of nothing but the offices next door. The building isn't in that great of a view, so the pictures of the hotel standing aren't very honest in that aspect.

The internet is expensive, 13.95 a night, and you have to log on via internet explorer each time you get on. Only one person can be on at a time under the booker's last name.

All in all we were very disappointed.
That's as much of my attention I am willing to give to this hotel any longer.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Westinmpls, Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, June 22, 2010
Dear Westin Guest,

I would like to offer you my personal appology for not exceeding your expectations during your vacation visit at The Westin Minneapolis last week. I have shared your feedback with both the Front Office team and our Housekeeping Department to ensure these issue's are adressed promptly. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you about your stay to win back your loyalty.

Please feel free to contact me at anytime

Warm Regards

Mark Deinhart, General Manager
The Westin Minneapolis
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My wife and I stayed here over Valentine's Day weekend on a great rate via priceline. The hotel looked brand new, was very clean, and the staff seemed great. The lobby area is very nice.

Location was great, walkable to anywhere downtown and close to the train stop. Enjoyed the indoor pool, which was heated, and hot tub. The rooms looked new as well, were very clean, and had great beds. Ours had a nice view as well.

Overall, a great hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We had a fantastic weekend at the Westin in the heart of Minneapolis! We were just steps away from terrific shopping, great restaurants and a variety of entertainment venues. Upon entering, the lobby is gorgeous and spotless! The service was unmatched, in my opinion. The first time I retrieved my car from the valet, he remembered me by name! Way to go. Elijah! We stayed in a suite on the 3rd floor that was amazing. There was a treadmill in the room! The bathroom was huge, the beds super comfy and the big screen TVs (in 2 rooms) kept us back in the room to watch a movie. There was also a lap pool, 24 hour fitness center and hot tub, just down the hall. One thing my friends and I noticed was that it was soooo quiet. We felt like we had our own little wing of the hotel. It was so much fun to be treated like VIPs, we can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Hotel staff made me feel welcome from the moment I walked in. They have always gone above and beyond to help asked. Excellent beds, great night sleep. Hotel is a bit pricey but worth it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business