1,192 results
All reviews bank restaurant wine cellar stainless steel pool front desk heavenly bed bank vault valet parking pool and hot tub beautiful hotel historic building beautiful lobby light rail king room rain shower business center twin cities heart of downtown
Reviewed July 1, 2018

Due to a large conference in town, was not able to get a reservation at my preferred Minneapolis hotels so stayed at the Westin for the 1st time. Was sent a text by staff the morning of check-in inquiring of when I'd arrive indicating my room would be available at that time. When I checked-in at that time, the room was not ready. They gave me some drink vouchers for the bar as compensation but thought it was strange to reach out to guests on having their room available and then not having it ready when I arrived. The room was an executive king and typical business hotel room-nothing exciting but also up to date and nice conveniences. The bathroom is oddly shaped but the walk-in shower was huge although water pressure was lacking. Unfortunately, that was the highlight.

We went to the bar after checking in and immediately recognized the one bartender working a Saturday afternoon with a full hotel was in overwhelmed. We waited patiently as he hurried about and was finally able to order one drink before we left. When we returned later that night at 10:50, that same one bartender was working in a full hotel on a Saturday night. Again, waited a long time to get one drink and also indicated we'd like to order food to take back to our room. He told us the kitchen was closed for orders and that we had to go to our room to order room service. I can't recall this happening in any full service hotels in all our travels but we went up to our room to order. The food came timely, but was also disappointing. The caesar salad was awful and the desert was extremely dry but the flatbread pizza was excellent. In summary, solid facilities but service and food quality don't meet Westin standards and certainly make this hotel a very poor value, in my opinion. Better options are the Marquette Curio and Chambers.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank tomsN7936CV
Vacationer822375, Sales Administrative Assistant at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. We would like to be the first to say we are sorry to hear of the experience you faced here as it was most definitely sub-standard and not the norm for us. We are taking your review to heart and are making the necessary changes possible to ensure your experience does not happen for another one of our guests. We hope to see you again some time to show you what a true Westin Minneapolis stay is like.

Reviewed June 30, 2018

This is a very nice, upscale, business hotel in the middle of a big city. It's in an old bank building and that makes it kind of neat. The lobby/common areas are beautiful and the room was very large, clean and new. It connects to other building via a sky bridge and a light rail station is at the end of the block.
It was perfect for a short stay in Minneapolis. I parked my car in the underground lot across the street and the one day charge was $36. I read that the hotel itself has a lot but the cost is even higher.
There is a Starbucks across the street and on the second floor of the hotel. So, you're set for a quick breakfast.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello, Stuart! Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and your stay here with us, even if it was just a short visit. We appreciate the time it took to let us know what we are doing right at our location and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is in a great area downtown where you can access many areas. One of the biggest Westin’s due to being connected to skywalk to access other areas. Clean, accommodating staff, spacious rooms, pool, whirl pool and gym. Breakfast is $17/person and parking is $46/night.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Vacationer822375, Sales Administrative Assistant at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Thank you for spending Father's Day at the Westin. We are happy to hear that you chose to spend such a special day here with us and that you enjoyed our facilities. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

On a recent stay, we had a couple minor mishaps with our reservation. But Kelly (Manager) was fantastic and really looked after us. Thanks Kelly!
We will definitely be back, looking forward to our next stay.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your valuable feedback! Although we are sorry to hear that you had minor mishaps, we are overjoyed that Kelly was able to fix the situation for you and ultimately improved your stay. Our team members are always striving to exceed our guests expectations through excellent customer service. We hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

After traveling to get to Minneapolis for work all I wanted to do was check in and go right to bed. However I paid for and booked a king bed executive room. Get to my room only to find I'm with 2 queen beds and not an executive room. Ok not the end of the world I'll just have them correct. Wrong! I called the front desk only to be told the room I booked they didn't have until tomorrow night. Not going to help! I then asked why they would allow guests to book rooms with specific views/amenities if they didn't in fact have them available. I shouldn't be punished just because I arrived later at night due to travel. The response was rude and that they have no clue. Again not helpful. If you're going to oversell rooms I get it but you best be ready to upgrade people to even better rooms not worse. I've had stellar service at other hotels here downtown so this will be a one and done trip after this experience.

Also there were grease forehead stains on the window. It's because my city view is actually 5 feet from the next building.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Jennifer P, Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Engornick,

Thank you for reaching out, I apologize about your experience, we have our Front Office Manager reaching out to you via email now.