“Beyond our expectations”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hugo, Minnesota
“Beyond our expectations”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary in downtown Mpls. like we do every year. We cannot afford the standard prices of hotels here so we try to find a deal on priceline. When our bid was excepted and saw that we were staying at The Westin I did a little dance, as I knew this was a top of line beautiful hotel. Now we only stayed one night and that was on a Sunday, which is a non busy day with most hotels. While checking in at the front desk I asked the gentleman if we could have a king size bed. He replied "certainly, and I've upgraded you to an executive suite" I was impressed he gave us an upgrade, especially when I only paid $55 for the night! Exceptional customer service all around. Our room was beautiful, the bed was comfortable and the shower was amazing. We were greeted by 3 gentleman while checking out and was asked about our stay. I told them our stay exceeded my expectations and everything was perfect. One of the men (manager I'm assuming) handed me his card and said that the next time we decided to stay in Mpls. to email him ahead of time and he'll see what he can do with getting us an exception room and an exception price. Wow - I love this place :)

1 Thank Crystal L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

One of the best locations in the city, the Westin is walking distance to legendary First Avenue need night club, Target Center and Target Field, light rail, green bikes to scamper around the Mississippi River and all the other great spots in Minneapolis. If you haven't been to MPLS for awhile, you will be pleasantly surprised by the increase in public transportation! It's pretty easy to get to a lot of big attractions from The Westin without your car.
We had a handicapped room and the our needs were met with bars in the shower, but it is not a roll in, you have to step about 18". Room 1026, I think. No view at all, we looked into a skyscraper with one way windows. No continental breakfast, but "Bank" is a good restaurant in the lobby and Starbucks coffee in the room and a Bruggers Bagel Bakery across the street. They have "Bellboys" who help you in and out and get you a cab and have snappy uniforms.
The decor is modern, clean sharp lines. The lightning fixtures were interesting and vintage. Not a super kid friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2014
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a great stay at this hotel from the check in point. We were greeted with a warm friendly front desk person, Michael. He upgraded our room due to our length of stay. Whenever we passed through the lobby, he greeted us and asked how things were. Very exceptional service! The location of the hotel is within walking distance of fine restaurants, local bars, and Target Field. Found the location to be extremely convenient. Great bar & lounge within hotel as well.

Kopervik, Rogaland, Norway
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Westin is located Downtown Minnepolis at a perfect location for us. Just around the corner is a stop for the city-train which would take us to Mall of America and the AirPort. Our 9th floor room was greate, king bed in one part and a sitting room next to it. Good restaurant where we had dinner and breakfast. Very helpful and serviceminded people at the desk, bar and Restaurant.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as possible. Our corner room was great.
Green Features: Very good environmental policy - you can use your towles more then one day and so on.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oddw2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed here for Business, but had my family stay for one night while my Wife and I went to the All Star game. The hotel was beautiful and very clean. Bed was super comfortable and I got a suite so it was extra big. No lounge which I didn't like, but as a platinum SPG they gave me an awesome gift of snacks in my room which was extra special and I really appreciated when I got home late. I would definitely stay at this hotel again as the staff was great and the hotel was perfect! Also had breakfast in the AM and that was also very good.

Room Tip: IF you can get a suite they are nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Stillwater, Minnesota
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a corner room with lovely large windows on 2 walls. The bathroom was very nice sized with a large shower, beautiful glass and the option of turning on several streams of water from the front, rear and above. Parking for my full sized crew cab was $45 with the oversized surcharge.

• Stayed January 2014
Hugo, Minnesota
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Had to stay in Minneapolis for a concert at Target Field. Used valet parking, smooth as could be. Check in went smooth, no problems. Room was spacious and comfortable. Had drinks at the bar, drinks were overpriced but the service was good. Bed was comfortable and the rain shower, shower was killer. When we left, valet service had car at the front extremely fast. All in all was a nice stay, gorgeous building, good service, clean.. Overpriced but that's usual for the city. Nothing to make me shout "Wow, I can't wait to come back!", but pleasant stay.