The Westin Minneapolis
$143
WHotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

$176
$158
Curio.com
  • Room Service
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$95
$93
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

Hilton Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$188
$177
Hilton.com
$247
$159
$151
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

$152
$169
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

$106
$93
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

Millennium Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$167
$118
Priceline
1,162 results
All reviewsbank restaurantwine cellarstainless steel poolfront deskheavenly bedbank vaultvalet parkingpool and hot tubbeautiful hotellight railhistoric buildingking roomrain showerbusiness centerbar restaurantheart of downtowntwin cities
Reviewed April 27, 2013

A typical Westin and a typical downtown American hotel. As with all Westin's there isn't much character, but all the basics are there. The room was decent, but nothing spectacular, closet was quite small and wifi in the room was erratic.
Check in and check out was quick and the staff quite helpful, informing me that they could arrange a limo to the airport for less than a regular cab.
The Bank restaurant sits in what must have been a bank lobby, imposing architecture but with a very limited menu, though the steak was generous and well prepared. The crab cakes with egg benedict at breakfast was ok, but nothing to write home about.
All told convenient for downtown meetings, but plain vanilla

Room Tip: The hotel is downtown with buildings on all sides so not much difference whatever the orientation
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Construction everywhere, (= noise, dust). First they were changing smoke detectors on my hall, then the catwalk to the parking garage was closed to be painted?! (in eight degree weather. Yes, 8 degrees outside!)

Pool area had kids. Now they were middle or high school age kids, but unsupervised and bothersome none-the-less.

The chemicals in the pool burned my skin. You can feel them irritate your sinuses without even going in the water after 4 minutes in the pool area. There was visible scum floating in the hot tub despite these strong chemicals. My skin was irritated three days after check out.

There was no consistent hot water in the shower in my room all of Friday afternoon.

The bar in the lounge was not open until after noon on Sunday. This was very inconvenient for me and my guests. When asked why, we were told it had to do with state law... but when we went elsewhere we were told we got lied to at the Westin. So it seems my guests couldn't get a Bloody Mary or glass of wine because the Westin was understaffed.

The WiFi in the rooms is a joke. It was 12.95 per day. I was charged for a second device, it was later credited back to me, but customer support for the WiFi is not at the hotel, it is outsourced.

I notified the Westin of all of these problems, I never heard back form them. Guess they don't care? I would not be happy with a voucher, I won't be staying there again anyways.

Room Tip: Thought the fourth floor would be an advantage. It was not. Noisy, construction, and overlooks a roof with nothing on it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Westinmpls, General Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Westin Guest;
Please accept my sincere apology for the experience you encountered with your recent stay at The Westin Minneapolis. The fact that you experienced so many issues in different areas including the Pool, Skyway, Shower and our Lounge Hours of Operations is very concerning to our team. Your feedback will be immediately addressed with our team to ensure this does not affect any of our future guests. We failed to offer you the experience you expect at The Westin Minneapolis and for this I am very sorry. I would hope we would have the opportunity to regain your confidence in our Westin in the future.
Thank you for your honest feedback and rest assured these items will be immediately addressed and actions taken to ensure they will not re-occur in the future
Stay Well
WmnGM

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had the same problem as in Toronto Westin where the internet did not work in the rooms, there were three of us with the same problem.

We could only receive emails but could not send them. Jesse Brandon at the front desk, was wonderful trying to help, nevertheless in spite of the emails shown as sent no one received them which we only found out the next day. Jennifer Moon was also very helpful, great staff.
The bar bank at the hotel was wonderful and had great staff Lulu Ayele and Jackie Richmond were very professional and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank UrsulaJuly M
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Westin Hotel, in a refurbished bank building, is indeed a beautiful place. Also, the room we stayed in was lovely. However, the service and amenities leave something to be desired.
Our experience at the overpriced bar/restaurant was disappointing. First, no one attended us. I went to the bar to ask for help. When the waitress came, she let us know that "eating" was on the other side but she would help us. Okay, fine. When she returned with drinks, she dropped the tray, shattering the drinks into shards on the floor and onto me. In addition to being wet, I had glass flecks in my hand, so went to a more lighted place to inspect. I was picking out the small shards when the manager came up and asked if I were okay. I nodded, and then asked if he could make an adjustment on the bill. He said he certainly would. We were then shown to the "right place" for eating, which was a table with no flatware (we stole some from another table) or napkins Finally, the waitress came with our food, which I must say was quite good. Nonetheless, we had to ask for water, and bread. When the bill came, i was upset to see that the manager had only docked the price of ONE drink, nothing for the other drink, the delay or the shards in my hand.
The room was lovely. However, it was missing amenities such as a shower cap and lotion, fridge that could be opened without going downstairs and getting a key to the mini-bar, no laundry bag. We asked for a fridge which was promptly brought to us.
In short, avoid the restaurant!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about fridges microwaves before you book.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Westin Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your experience while staying at the Westin. Please accept my personal apology for disappointment during your visit and the problem you experienced in Bank Restaurant. Your comments have been reviewed and share with the appropriate managers to insure these issues do not affect a future Westin Guest.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this unfortunate experience with your stay in greater detail, thank you.

Warm Regards,
WmnGM

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I traveled to the Twin Cities this past weekend to take in a Twins game and we stayed at the Westin Minneapolis for the first time! Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a suite which was an absolutely beautiful room! The room had a separate living room area, large bathroom and separate bedroom with king-size bed. The location of the hotel was great, within walking distance to Hennepin Avenue and a short drive/walk to Target Field! The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were very clean. We loved our stay and would definitely stay with them again when in the Twin Cities!

Only negatives would be that parking is expensive (but that's with all downtown hotels) and that the pillows were a bit uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Suite was amazing!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple